- AirAsia Launches Kuala Lumpur-Davao Route
Malaysian-based carrier AirAsia Bhd launched on Thursday its inaugural flight between Kuala Lumpur and Davao, Philippines.
21st Dec 2017
- Langkawi Airport to Get an Upgrade and Expansion
Langkawi International Airport will get a RM89 million upgrade. The airport will be upgraded in two phases and completed by August next year.
19th Aug 2017
- AirAsia Joins Fight against Human Trafficking
Malaysian airline AirAsia joins the fight against human trafficking by training thousands of its staff and becoming one of the first Asian airlines to battle this global crime.
17th Aug 2017
- AirAsia Continues to Empower Young Women Through #GirlsCanDoAnything
Malaysian budget carrier AirAsia has launched the #GirlsCanDoAnything campaign, in an effort to empower young women.
16th Aug 2017
- MAB Plans to be a More Active Member of Oneworld
Malaysia Airlines CEO Peter Bellew said the airline wants to be a more active Oneworld alliance member and also reboot its Enrich scheme.
15th Aug 2017
- AirAsia to Finalize Leasing Arm Sale Price by August, Says CIMB Research
According to CIMB Research, AirAsia Bhd could finalize the sale price of its leasing arm Asia Aviation Capital Ltd (AAC) by the end of August.
28th Jul 2017
- Malaysia Airlines in Talks with Investors for Haj Flights
Malaysia Airlines is trying to draw in investors for the new charter flights for Muslims going on a haj pilgrimage, said MAB CEO Peter Bellew.
26th Jul 2017
- AirAsia X Records Solid Performance for Q2 2017
AirAsia X reports a better than expected performance in the second quarter of this year.
26th Jul 2017
- AirAsia to Launch Kuala Lumpur-Davao, Philippines Flights by end 2017
Malaysian budget airline AirAsia Berhad announced it will launch direct flights from Kuala Lumpur to Davao, Philippines on 21st December this year.
25th Jul 2017
- Sarawak Wants to Boost Tourism by Increasing Flight Connectivity
The Sarawak state government is in talks with several carriers to increase flight connectivity and in return boost tourism sector here.
21st Jul 2017
- AirAsia to Complete Stake Sale in Plane Leasing Arm by End-2017
AirAsia CEO said the airline wants to complete the stake sale process of its aircraft leasing arm Asia Aviation Capital by the end of this year.
21st Jul 2017
- MH17 Living Memorial Unveiled in Amsterdam
About 2,000 relatives of MH17 victims unveiled a “living memorial” for the 298 victims of the Malaysia Airlines flight in the Vijfhuizen Park near Schiphol airport.
19th Jul 2017
- MAB Kargo to Benefit from Malaysia Airlines’ Wide-body Aircraft Order
Air cargo unit of Malaysia Airlines, MAB Kargo, expects to benefit from the upcoming wide-body aircraft order its parent plans to make.
18th Jul 2017
- AirAsia Becomes BAM Junior League Sponsor
Malaysian AirAsia has become the title sponsor of the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) National Junior League.
17th Jul 2017
- MAHB June Passenger Traffic Grows from 6.68M to 7.58M
Passenger traffic through 39 airports in Malaysia grew from 6.68 million in June 2016 to 7.58 million in June this year, or 13.5% according to Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd (MAHB).
11th Jul 2017
- China, India, North Asia Key to MAB Turnaround, Said CEO Bellew
According to Malaysia Airlines Bhd CEO Peter Bellew, the expansion of new routes in China, India and North Asia will be key to MAB’s turnaround.
11th Jul 2017
- MAB to Get 5-Star Skytrax Rating by 2018
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said he is confident that Malaysia Airlines will get a five star Skytrax rating by 2018.
10th Jul 2017
- AirAsia Launches “MyCorporate” to Target Business Travellers
Malaysian airline AirAsia announced the launch of MyCorporate suite of products aimed at business travellers.
7th Jul 2017
- AirAsia Flight Returns to Brisbane Shortly After Takeoff
Not long after takeoff, AirAsia flight D7207 bound to Malaysia returned to Brisbane. Loud bangs could be heard from the airport and sparks were seen flying from the engine.
4th Jul 2017
- Several Malindo Flights Disrupted
Several international and domestic Malindo Air flights have been disrupted because the airline had to ground two Boeing 737s at Delhi and Dhaka due to “technical issues”.
3rd Jul 2017
- AirAsia X Makes First Flight to Hawaii
On 28th June Malaysian long-haul low-cost carrier AirAsia X made its first flight into the United States as Flight D7001 landed at Honolulu International Airport.
30th Jun 2017
- Malindo Launches Daily Kuala Lumpur – Phnom Penh Flights from 1st August
Starting from 1st August this year, Malaysian airline Malindo Air will launch direct flights between Kuala Lumpur and Phnom Penh.
30th Jun 2017
- AirAsia X Flight Shakes Mid-Flight, Pilot Asks Passengers to Pray
An AirAsia X flight from Malaysia to Australia on Sunday had to turn back mid-flight after it experienced an engine problem. Passengers say it was “shaking like a washing machine”.
29th Jun 2017
- AirAsia Plans More Int’l Flights from Senai Airport
AirAsia Bhd plans to introduce more international flights out of Senai International Airport by end of 2017.
23rd Jun 2017
- New Seats for MAS B737 MAX 10 to be Designed by Thompson Aero
Aero Thompson Aero will be designing new fully flat seats with direct aisle access for Malaysia Airlines’ Boeing 737 MAX 10.
23rd Jun 2017
- AirAsia Named Best LCC by Skytrax Again (9th Consecutive Time)
Skytrax World Airline Awards names Malaysian AirAsia Bhd as the World’s Best Low Cost Airline for the 9th consecutive time.
21st Jun 2017
- Malaysia Airlines Close to Airbus A330NEO Deal
Malaysia Airlines is getting close to a deal to purchase 25 to 30 new Airbus A330s, but price is still an issue.
19th Jun 2017
- Kuching Negotiates with AirAsia for LCCT
Sarawak state negotiates with AirAsia to set up a new Low Cost Carrier Terminal in Kuching. AAX not flying ultra-long flights, says Fernandes.
19th Jun 2017
- AirAsia, AirAsia X: Arrive Early at Airports due to Hari Raya
Malaysian airlines AirAsia and AirAsia X have advised passengers to arrive early at the airport to avoid crowds during the Hari Raya period.
15th Jun 2017
- “You Only Have 15 Minutes to Say Sorry”, Says MAS CEO
Airlines have only 15 minutes or less to respond to incidents and apologies, said MAS CEO Peter Bellew at the IATA AGM panel discussion on Monday in Mexico.
7th Jun 2017
- AirAsia Celebrates Inaugural Pontianak-Kuching Flight
Malaysian budget carrier AirAsia launched an inaugural flight between Pontianak, Indonesia and Kuching. The plane landed on Kuching Airport on Monday at 1:50 pm.
6th Jun 2017
- AirAsia Continues to Push for Sarawak Low-Cost Carrier Terminal
Malaysian budget airline AirAsia Bhd is not giving up on establishing a dedicated low-cost carrier terminal in Kuching, Sarawak.
6th Jun 2017
- MAS to Sign Deals for Six or Seven Widebody Airbus A330s
According to Peter Bellew, Malaysia Airlines is close to signing deals for six or seven widebody Airbus A330 planes this year.
5th Jun 2017
- Passengers Tackle Man Trying to Enter MAS 128 Cockpit
Passengers on the Malaysia Airlines Flight 128 (Melbourne-Kuala Lumpur) successfully tackled a man who tried to enter the cockpit last night. The man claimed he had a bomb.
1st Jun 2017
- AirAsia Wants to Attract More Australians to its Network
In an interview he gave, AirAsia X CEO Benyamin Ismail revealed the airline’s plans to become a bigger player in the Australia’s LCC market.
30th May 2017
- AirAsia to Focus on Digitalization, China and ASEAN
Malaysian budget carrier AirAsia recognize the needs of passengers and will focus on digitalization.
30th May 2017
- AirAsia Celebrates 50 Years of ASEAN with a VR Campaign
Malaysian budget airline AirAsia Bhd celebrates 50 years of ASEAN with a VR campaign. The biggest VR production so far in Asia.
29th May 2017
- AirAsia to Meet Increased Demand in 2017 by Adding 29 New Aircraft
Malaysian carrier AirAsia plans to add 29 new planes to its fleet )of 176 aircraft) to meet the robust demand in 2017.
26th May 2017
- AirAsia Shares Drop to RM2.94 on Wednesday
AirAsia Bhd shares dropped 31 sen to RM2.94 on Wednesday, most likely due to pressure the stock was in after being overbought by investors
25th May 2017
- Higher Fuel Expenses Lowers AirAsia X’s Q1 Profit
AirAsia X Q1 2017 profits take a hit due to higher fuel costs. The aircraft’s Q1 net profit dropped from RM179.49 million last year to just RM10.34 million this year.
24th May 2017
- AirAsia Tries to Take Off to Vietnam for the Fourth Time
For the fourth time since 2005 AirAsia Bhd is trying to establish a presence in Vietnam, this time by teaming up with Thien Minh Group.
23rd May 2017
- AirAsia Partners With Charterprime
AirAsia Bhd partners with Australian financial services and brokerage group Charterprime. Charterprime logo will appear on AirAsia’s A320-200 aircraft.
18th May 2017
- AirAsia CEO Signs MoU with Everbright and Henan Govement for China JV
AirAsia Bhd signs a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Henan Government Working Group and Everbright to establish a new Chinese low-cost carrier, AirAsia China.
17th May 2017
- AirAsia to Establish an LCC in Cambodia, Dedicates Plane to Late COO
According to reports, AirAsia Group is moving to establish a low-cost carrier in Cambodia. AirAsia X dedicates A330 to late former COO.
17th May 2017
- Malaysia Airlines to Lease 12 Wide-Body Planes
Malaysia Airlines prepares to lease 12 wide-bodied planes by the end of 2019 and employ them in nine key Asian routes.
16th May 2017
- MAHB April 2017 Passenger Traffic Growth Highest Since February 2014
Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd (MAHB) reports that the airports in manages have handled 8.17 million passengers in April this year and recorded 16.9% growth from the same month last year.
12th May 2017
- AirAsia Starts Selling Tickets for Kuala Lumpur-Sihanoukville Next Week
AirAsia CEO Tony Fernandes announced that the budget carrier will start selling tickets for Kuala Lumpur to Sihanoukville next week.
11th May 2017
- Malaysia Airlines Plans to Add 11 New Routes by Year-End
Malaysian national carrier MAB plans to add 11 new routes and hire new personnel by end of this year, says CEO Peter Bellew. MAB also joins the “Negaraku” initiative.
8th May 2017
- Malaysia Airlines Settles with Australian Family over MH17 Crash
Malaysian Airlines Bhd and one Australian family, who lost four of its members in the MH17 crash, have reached a settlement.
2nd May 2017
- AirAsia X to Fly to Europe Soon, Says Fernandes
AirAsia Group CEO Tony Fernandes reveals plans for AirAsia to fly to Europe soon, but did not disclose to which city.
28th Apr 2017
- AirAsia Starts Kuala Lumpur-Bhubaneswar Service
AirAsia’s maiden Kuala Lumpur-Bhubaneswar flight was greeted by a traditional cannon water salute upon landing.
27th Apr 2017
- MAB Offers Return Tickets to Langkawi at £49 at STA Travel Stores
In a flash sale, STA Travel is offering return flights to Langkawi with Malaysia Airlines Bhd, for £49 per person. These will be on sale on Thursday at STA stores in London Victoria and Manchester Deansgate from 9:00 am.
25th Apr 2017
- AirAsia Offers Promotional Flights to Maldives and Macao
Malaysian budget carrier AirAsia is offering promotional one-way flights to Maldives and Macao at RM169 and RM129 respectively.
20th Apr 2017
- Uh, MAB, That’s Christchurch, Not Auckland
Malaysia Airlines confuses Christchurch and Auckland, placing the volcanic Mount Eden near the former and not Auckland (where it actually is).
19th Apr 2017
- MAB Dedicated Carrier for Haj and Umrah to Start by End of 2018
Malaysia Airlines CEO Peter Bellew said that the new dedicated airline for Haj and Umrah flights is planned to start operating by the end of 2018.
17th Apr 2017
- Malindo Asks Cabin Crew Applicants to Strip Down in Job Interviews
According to several media reports, Malindo Air has been asking its cabin crew applicants to strip down to bras, lift their skirts, fold up trousers and even remove pantyhose during job interviews.
6th Apr 2017
- AirAsia Flies Kuching-Pontianak, Indonesia
AirAsia is commencing direct flights from Kuching to Pontianak in Indonesia from 5th June this year.
1st Apr 2017
- AirAsia, AirAsia X Launch #AirAsiaDanceToFly Campaign
AirAsia and AirAsia X are offering a three-day promotional campaign with fares starting from RM499 one-way, all-in fares, inclusive of fees and taxes.
31st Mar 2017
- AirAsia Enters LCC Joint Venture in Vietnam
Malaysian carrier AirAsia is setting to enter a low-cost carrier joint venture in Vietnam with Gunmin Company LTD, Hai Au Aviation and Tran Trong Kien.
31st Mar 2017
- AirAsia to Begin Shenzhen-Langkawi Service in July
AirAsia will soon start carrying passengers between Shenzhen and Langkawi. The service will go three times per week and begins on 16th July, 2017.
24th Mar 2017
- Malindo Becomes Boeing 737 MAX 8 launch Operator
Malaysian low-cost carrier Malindo revealed it will become the launch operator for the Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft when it starts Kuala Lumpur-Singapore flights in May.
22nd Mar 2017
- AirAsia Signs Thales to Supply Avionics Systems on its A320neo Fleet
Malaysian LCC AirAsia sings a deal with aerospace, transport, defence and security global technology leader Thales to supply avionics systems on its Airbus A320neo fleet.
21st Mar 2017
- AirAsia Revives Plan to Buy Private Jet Used by Fernandes and Meranun
AirAsia said in a filing to Bursa Malaysia that it had signed a deal to buy the Bombardier BD-700-1A10 Global Express jet from Caterhamjet Global for RM44.4 million.
17th Mar 2017
- Malaysia Airlines Offer Up to 45% Discount for Matta Fair
Malaysia Airlines Bhd (MAB) is offering up to 45% discounts for the economy and business classes for this year’s Malaysian Association of Tour and Travel Agents (Matta) fair.
16th Mar 2017
- AirAsia Changes Bali Flight Schedules – Makes Customers Unhappy
Travelers have taken to Facebook to vent against AirAsia after this airline changed its scheduled times for Bali flights.
16th Mar 2017
- AirAsia “Gives Away” Up to 3 Million Seats Across Network
In the first major promotion of 2017, AirAsia has announced it will “give away” up to 3 million seats for passengers, who book between 13th and 19th March for travel between 1st September, 2017 and 5th June, 2018.
14th Mar 2017
- Malindo Air to Use Accelya's VIVALDI Card and Payment Solution
Malindo Air will use Accelya’s VIVALDI Payment Management solution to streamline its card management and hopefully bring new business travellers.
7th Mar 2017
- MAB Predicts Oil Prices to Hit $70 per Barrel, Buys up Fuel
Malaysia Airlines Berhad (MAB) prepares for fuel hedging as it projects that oil prices will go up to $70 per barrel by the end of the year.
6th Mar 2017
- KLIA Ups Security after Kim Jong-nam Murder
Following the murder of North Korean President’s brother, Kim Jong-nam, on 13th February, no residue of lethal VX toxin was found during decontamination sweep.
2nd Mar 2017
- MAB Reports Higher Traffic and Passenger Load Factor in Q4 2016
Malaysia Airlines reports higher traffic and passenger load factor in the fourth quarter of 2016, as well as an all-time record customer satisfaction in October.
1st Mar 2017
- Malaysia Airlines Appoints New People for Australia
Malaysia Airlines has announced the appointment of two new sales executives and a brand communications manager for Australia.
23rd Feb 2017
- MAB Offers 25% Discount on China Flights
Malaysia Airlines is offering a 25 per cent discount on flights to Fuzhou, Haikou, Nanjing and Wuhan for Economy Class bookings made until 28th February.
21st Feb 2017
- Malaysia Airlines Announces First MABHackathon Winners
Malaysia Airlines Bhd announced on Monday the winners of the inaugural MABHackathon at the Malaysia Airlines Training Academy in Kelana Jaya.
21st Feb 2017
- AirAsia and Entropia Launch “Live Life Unexpected” Campaign Together
Malaysian carrier AirAsia and Entropia together launched a brand campaign called “Live Life Unexpected”. The purpose of the campaign is to inspire people to do something new.
17th Feb 2017
- AirAsia with 50% Discount on ASEAN Routes
Malaysian carrier AirAsia is offering a 50% off discount on all ASEAN destinations in a 50-hour flash sale.
15th Feb 2017
- MAB Frequent Flyer Programme Enrich Partners with Regal Hotels
Malaysia Airlines Frequent Flyer Programme Enrich and Regal Hotels have announced a strategic partnership and will reward hotel guests with frequent flyer miles.
10th Feb 2017
- AirAsia Runway Ready Designer Search Expands to All 10 ASEAN Countries
This year, the AirAsia’s Runway Ready Designer Search has been expanded to include all ten ASEAN countries.
9th Feb 2017
- AirAsia Offers 20% off on Seats Across the Network
Malaysian carrier AirAsia is offering a 20% discount on all seats and all flights across its entire network. The sale is available until 12th February, 2017.
8th Feb 2017
- Sabah Government Supports MASwings Overhaul Plan
Pang Nyuk Ming, Assistant Minister of Sabah Tourism, Culture and Environment Ministry, said the state is behind MASwings 2017 overhaul plan.
6th Feb 2017
- Disabled Rights Advocate Demands Apology from Malaysia Airlines
Peter Tan, an advocate for disabled rights is demanding an apology from Malaysia Airlines after his special requests he made at both check-in and booking were not in manifest.
6th Feb 2017
- CEO Becomes Major Shareholder in Malindo Air
National Aerospace and Defence Industries (Nadi) has reduced its stake in Malindo Air, leaving the airline’s CEO Chandran Rama Muthy as the major shareholder.
2nd Feb 2017
- South African Aviation Forum Posts Pictures of Possible MH370 Parts
South African aviation forum Avcom posted photo of possible MH370 parts last Friday under the title “Aircraft parts wash on local beach –Transkei”.
31st Jan 2017
- AirAsia Denies Involvement in Rolls Royce Bribery Scandal
Malaysian low-budget airline AirAsia issued an official statement this Monday, denying any connection to the Rolls Royce bribery scandal.
25th Jan 2017
- AirAsia Reports 85% 4Q 2016 Load Factor
Malaysia AirAsia recorded an 85 % load factor in the fourth quarter of 2016, 2% up from the same period in 2015.
25th Jan 2017
- AirAsia to Open an Office in Cambodia
Thai budget airline AirAsia will open an office in Cambodia, revealed Tony Fernandez following a meeting with the Cambodian PM HU Sun during the World Economic Forum in Switzerland.
24th Jan 2017
- AirAsia X Cleared for US Flights, Returns to London this Summer
AirAsia X gained approval to fly to United States. The low-cost, long-haul carrier will also resume direct KLIA2-London flights this summer, announced Tony Fernandes.
24th Jan 2017
- Malaysia Airlines Makes China a Big Part of its Comeback Strategy
Malaysia Airlines puts fate on Hong Kong and China to be a big part of its comeback in this year, according to airline CEO Peter Bellew.
23rd Jan 2017
- MAB’s Peter Bellew Reveals Profit Plans for 2018
In an interview he gave to a local newspaper, Malaysia Airlines Bhd CEO and Managing Director Peter Bellew revealed the company’s plan to turn in profit in the next year.
19th Jan 2017
- Search for MH370 Ends After Nearly 3 Years
The search for the missing Malaysia Airlines MH370 ended unsuccessfully on Tuesday, after nearly 3 years, with the plane still missing.
18th Jan 2017
- AirAsia Launches #AyamComing Campaign
AirAsia welcomes the Year of the Rooster with a new campaign named #AyamComing and a series of special offers.
17th Jan 2017
- AirAsia and MAB to Host Their First Hackathons
Malaysian airline AirAsia announced its first hackathon even for 18th March this year at its headquarters in Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia Airlines will also host a hackathon on 18th and 19th February.
16th Jan 2017
- Malindo Air to Start Operating Kota Kinabalu-Japan Direct Flights?
According to State Tourism, Culture and Environment Assistant Minister Pang Yuk Ming, Malindo Air could start operating direct flights between Kota Kinabalu and Japan in the near future.
12th Jan 2017
- MAHB Reports 5.7% More Passengers in 2016 than in 2015
According to the Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd report, the Malaysian airport company saw a total of 118.5 million passengers pass through MAHB-operated airports in 2016, or 5.7% more than in 2015.
11th Jan 2017
- AirAsia Offers Big Discounts on SE Asia Flights
Malaysian carrier AirAsia is offering big discounts on return flights from several Australian cities to Kuala Lumpur and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and is increasing flight frequencies on three flights from KL to Indonesia.
10th Jan 2017
- AirAsia Named “The Most Influential Airline in China”
AirAsia has been named “The Most Influential Airline in China” at the New Power of Travel Awards 2016. The ceremony was held this Friday in the Continental Hotel in Beijing.
9th Jan 2017
- AirAsia Downgraded by Deutsche Bank Research from “Sell” to “Hold”
AirAsia has been downgraded by Deutsche Bank Research from “sell” to “hold” on weaker ringgit, higher jet fuel prices and impact on passenger yields on account of capacity growth from competition.
5th Jan 2017
- AirAsia Negotiates Re-Opening Two Air Routes with the Terengganu Government
Malaysian low-budget airline AirAsia is in negotiations with the Terengganu government for re-opening roués between Kuala Terengganu and Singapore and Kuala Terengganu to Penang.
2nd Jan 2017
- MAB Restructures LCC Arm Firefly
In a bid to turn its low-cost carrier arm, Malaysia Airlines Bhd (MAB) is restructuring Firefly and is reducing both its flights and aircraft numbers.
29th Dec 2016
- Eaglexpress Still Flying Despite MavCom Revoking its Permission
Despite the fact that Malaysian Aviation Commission revoked its air service permit, charter airline Eaglexpress apparently still operating flights, warns the National Union for Flight Attendants Malaysia.
26th Dec 2016
- MAHB Seeks RM298 Million Compensation from Consultants
Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad (MAHB) is seeking RM298 million (US$66.5 million) compensation from the three consulting firms involved in the KLIA2 terminal project.
23rd Dec 2016
- MAB London-KL Turned Back Mid-Flight Due to Technical Issues
A Malaysia Airlines plane flying from London to Kuala Lumpur had to turn back due to technical problem it experienced over Germany.
22nd Dec 2016
- AirAsia Adds New Flights for Chinese New Year
AirAsia has added 84 new flights to select Thailand and Singapore destinations during the Chinese New Year next year.
21st Dec 2016
- MH370 Investigators Recommend Extending the Search 25,000 sq. km
Malaysia Airlines MH370 investigators recommended extending the search for the missing plane by additional 25,000 square kilometers north in the Indian Ocean.
20th Dec 2016
- AirAsia X Looks to Get Back in Europe
AirAsia X is looking to get back to Europe for the first time since 2012 and is waiting on delivery of A330neo planes. The long haul arm of AirAsia is also planning to start flying to US from 2017.
16th Dec 2016
- KKIA Double Digit International Passenger Movement Growth Continues
Kota Kinabalu International Airport (KKIA) recorded a month-on-moth growth for January to October, 2016 ranging from 20 to 37%, with year-to-date growth at 28 per cent.
9th Dec 2016
- Get 40% off Flight Redemptions with MAB Enrich
Malaysia Airlines Berhad’s loyalty program Enrich is offering its members a 40% off discount on miles for flight redemptions on up to 22 destinations in China, ASEAN region and North Asia.
8th Dec 2016
- Malaysia Airlines Announces New Head of Marketing and New Head of Sales
Malaysia Airlines appointed Schrene Goh Miow Ying as its new head of marketing (effective 15th December) and Yeoh Hock Thye as head of sales (effective 3rd January, 2017).
7th Dec 2016
- Malaysia Airlines Announces a “Marked Improvement” for Q3 2016
Malaysia Airlines Bhd (MAB) announced a “marked improvement” in passenger loads and revenue for the third quarter of this year.
1st Dec 2016
- Tony Fernandes Wants to Turn AirAsia into a “Digital Airline”
Tony Fernandes, AirAsia Group CEO, revealed plans to turn the Malaysian airline into a full-fledged “digital airline”.
29th Nov 2016
- MAB Looking Towards Business and Leisure Markets with Penang-Kuching
Malaysia Airlines has both business and leisure markets in sights with its new direct route from Penang to Kuching.
28th Nov 2016
- State Government Should Take Over MASWings, Says Serembu Assemblyman
According to a Serembu state assemblyman Miro Simuh, the state government should take over MASWings operations and place the carrier under a government-linked company (GLC).
25th Nov 2016
- All-In AirAsia Year-End Promotional Tickets from RM9.54
AirAsia year-end promotional sale lets customers grab all-in fares for as low as RM9.54.
16th Nov 2016
- MAB Plans to Buy 25 Wide-Body Jets in 2017
Malaysian national carrier Malaysia Airlines Berhad (MAB) plans to order up to 25 wide-body jets. 15 of these will be used to replace some older aircraft models, while 10 additional will be used to increase fleet, said MAB CEO.
15th Nov 2016
- AirAsia Plans to Serve KL-Jakarta-Labuan Bajo Route
Malaysian carrier AirAsia will soon start operating on the Kuala Lumpur-Jakarta-Labuan Bajo route, said East Nusa Tenggara Tourism and Creative Economy Office Chief Marius Ardu Jelamu.
10th Nov 2016
- AirAsia Revamps its One-Click Payment System
AirAsia customers should now have an easier time using debit and credit cards on airasia.com and AirAsia mobile app as the airline revamped its one-click payment system.
9th Nov 2016
- AirAsia Launches Fly Smarter Campaign in Australia
AirAsia Bhd launched “Fly Smarter” Campaign in Australia to celebrate its 9th anniversary in the “Land Down Under”.
8th Nov 2016
- Malaysia Airlines to Triple Chinese Routes Over the Next Five Years
Malaysia Airlines announced eight new destinations and 11 new routes between Malaysia and China. MAB CEO also said the airline plans to triple its Chinese services over the next five years.
7th Nov 2016
- AirAsia Introduces Two New Malaysia-Indonesia Routes
Malaysian LCC AirAsia announced two new routes from Malaysia to Indonesia. Johor Bahru-Jakarta will start operating on 10th January, 2017, while Kuala Lumpur-Solo will begin on 17th January.
4th Nov 2016
- Malaysia Airlines Appoints Izham Ismail as the New COO
Malaysia Aviation Group revealed Izham Ismail as the new Malaysia Airlines Berhad chief operations officer.
4th Nov 2016
- Malaysian Airlines Happy with the New ASEAN PSC Rates
AirAsia, AirAsia X and Malaysia Airlines are all happy with the introduction of an ASEAN rate of the revised PSC.
2nd Nov 2016
- AirAsia Moves to KLIA by January, 2017?
AirAsia Group is set to move its operations to Kuala Lumpur International Airport’s main terminal KLIA from KLIA2 following the revised passenger service charges.
2nd Nov 2016
- Malindo Air Introduces Direct Kuala Lumpur-Chiang Mai Flights
Malaysian airline Malindo Air today introduced a new direct flight from Kuala Lumpur to Chiang Mai in Thailand from 10th November.
1st Nov 2016
- MAB Introduces A330 to Hong Kong and Launches Special Promotion
Malaysia Airlines today introduced the Airbus A330 on the Kuala Lumpur-Hong Kong route, along with special offers in both Economy and Business Class.
27th Oct 2016
- MAB Renting A380 Superjumbos for Haj Pilgrim Flights
Malaysia Airlines CEO Peter Bellew revealed that the carrier is in talks with Airbus about renting its A380s to Haj and Umrah pilgrimages.
21st Oct 2016
- AirAsia Signs Guy Sebastian as Brand Ambassador
AirAsia has signed Malaysian-born Australian music sensation Guy Sebastian as its brand ambassador for Australia.
21st Oct 2016
- You Can Now Fly KL-Phuket with Malindo Air
Malindo Air launches Kuala Lumpur-Phuket service. The carrier will fly four times weekly on this route, starting on 10th November.
20th Oct 2016
- AirAsia CEO is Eager to Start Flying to Moscow, are You?
Tony Fernandes, AirAsia Group CEO said in an interview to Vedomosti that he is thinking of adding Russia to the airline’s list of destinations.
20th Oct 2016
- AirAsia Secures Two World Travel Awards
AirAsia has won two World Travel Awards! The LCC was named “Asia’s Leading Low-Cost Airline” and “Asia’s Leading In-Flight Service” for the 4th and 1st time.
18th Oct 2016
- AirAsia Bans Galaxy Note from its Flights
AirAsia has become the latest international carrier to ban the malfunctioning Samsung Galaxy Note 7 from its flights.
18th Oct 2016
- MAB Approves New KL Airport Service Charge Rates
Malaysia Airlines CEO Peter Bellew optimistic about getting a fair and reasonable result that will suit all 51 airlines operating out of KLIA thanks to the new passenger service charge (PSC) rates.
14th Oct 2016
- MAB Ready to Invest RM10 Million in Upgrading Kota Kinabalu Airport
Malaysia Airlines is getting ready to invest RM10 Million in Upgrading Kota Kinabalu International Airport (KKIA) Terminal 1.
14th Oct 2016
- MAB Celebrates Liverpool Partnership with New London-KL Promotions
Malaysia Airlines celebrates newly-established partnership with Liverpool FC by offering two types of promotions to its customers on the London-Kuala Lumpur route.
13th Oct 2016
- MAB Offers New Wines Aboard London-KL Route
Malaysia Airlines Berhad (MAB) now offers a range of new wines for both Business Class and First Class on the London-Kuala Lumpur route.
6th Oct 2016
- AirAsia X Makes Successful Inaugural Landing on Mauritius
AirAsia X’s starts its presence in Africa by successfully landing a flight to Mauritius landed today at Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport.
5th Oct 2016
- AirAsia Bhd Working with MAHB on KLIA2 LCC Hub Branding
AirAsia Bhd and Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd (MAHB) are set to work together on branding and promoting KLIA2 branding and promotion.
4th Oct 2016
- AirAsia and AirAsia X Offer New On-Board Menu Items Ahead of Deepavali
AirAsia and AirAsia X now offer Ashok’s Butter Masala Chicken Biryani and Murukku in celebration to the Deepavali festival next month.
30th Sep 2016
- AirAsia Warns Against New Facebook Scam Using Tony Fernandes’ Name
AirAsia says its Chief Executive Officer Tony Fernandes has nothing to do with the latest get rich quickly scam on Facebook.
28th Sep 2016
- MAB Looking to Break Even by 4Q 2017 and to be Profitable in 2018
Peter Bellew, CEO of Malaysia Airlines said that he plans to have the carrier break even by the 4Q 2017 and to be profitable for the full year in the year after.
27th Sep 2016
- AirAsia X will be Hit Hardest by PSC Increase
According to Affin Hwang Capital, AirAsia X will be likely be the most affected by the passenger service charge (PSC) rate increase.
26th Sep 2016
- Malaysia Airlines Finalizes New Engines Deal
Malaysia Airlines Bhd (MAB) has finalized a deal with CFM International for new Leap-1B engines for 25 Boeing 737 MAX aircraft.
23rd Sep 2016
- AirAsia Launches Kuala Lumpur-Luang Prabang Route
Malaysian airline AirAsia has added another flight to ASEAN. The budget carrier will launch a direct flight route between Kuala Lumpur and Luang Prabang in Laos today.
20th Sep 2016
- AirAsia Receives First Airbus A320neo
Malaysian carrier AirAsia pushes forward next year’s delivery of Airbus A320neo aircraft, said Group CEO Tony Fernandes upon welcoming the delivery of the first A320neo.
16th Sep 2016
- New MH370 Debris Confirmed
A wing flap found in Pemba Island, near Tanzania is definitely from Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, confirmed the Australian government as it has the matching serial number.
16th Sep 2016
- ATSB Report on MAB Collision with Melbourne Airport Aerobridge
A Malaysia Airlines Bhd Airbus A320 plane bumped with the aerobridge at the Melbourne Airport when the pilot released the park break without checking if the wheel chokes are still in place.
14th Sep 2016
- How MAB Marketing Efforts Helped its Turnaround Plan
Malaysia Airlines CEO Peter Bellew said in an interview that MAB has made progress in what is regularly its weakest quarter.
13th Sep 2016
- AirAsia Also Bans Use of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 on Flights
AirAsia Malaysia is the last in a series of carriers to ban the use of explosion-prone Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones on its flights.
12th Sep 2016
- Navigation Error Send AirAsia Sydney-KL Flight to Melbourne
AirAsia pilot entered the wrong coordinates, an air safety investigation found, thus sending the flight from Sydney to Malaysia, instead of Melbourne.
7th Sep 2016
- Malindo Air Now Flies to Hanoi
Malindo Air has expanded another route to Vietnam. Following Ho Chi Minh City, the Malaysian airline has launched a daily service to Hanoi.
1st Sep 2016
- Malindo Air Launches Daily Kuala Lumpur-Medan, Indonesia Flights
Malindo Air increases its route network to 39 destinations (in 13 countries) with new daily flights from Kuala Lumpur International Airport to Kulanamu International Airport in Medan, Indonesia.
30th Aug 2016
- 50 New Debris Pieces of MH370 Possibly Found in South Africa
A Fox News report claims that as many as 50 pieces of debris, possibly from Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, were found by amateur researchers in South Africa.
25th Aug 2016
- AirAsia X Looking Forward to Flying London Again in 2018
AirAsia X CEO Ben Ismail says AAX is awaiting the delivery of the first A330-900 neo to start flying the “sexy” London route again in 2018.
23rd Aug 2016
- MAB Celebrates Second Phase of its Turnaround with a Seat Sale Promotion
Malaysia Airlines Bhd (MAB) launches a two-day seat sale promotion called “Here, There, Everywhere” to celebrate the second phase of its turnaround.
22nd Aug 2016
- AirAsia Looking for a Joint Venture Partner in China, Says Fernandes
AirAsia boss Tony Fernandes said in an interview on CNBC that he would like to have a joint venture in China.
17th Aug 2016
- MH370 Crashed at a Rate of 20,000 f/m Due to Engine Failure
According to the latest report by defence scientists from Australia Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 suffered an engine failure and crashed into the Indian Ocean off the coast of west Australia at a rate of 20,000 feet per minute.
10th Aug 2016
- AirAsia Offers Fares from RM10 for ASEAN Day
Malaysian budget carrier AirAsia celebrates ASEAN Day with fares as low as RM10 for all ASEAN destinations, including Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Singapore, Philippines, Indonesia, Myanmar, Laos and Brunei.
8th Aug 2016
- Malaysia Airlines Renews Fleet with 50 Boeings
Malaysia Airlines agrees to buy up to 50 new Boeing 737 Max aircraft for $2.75 billion. The deal included 25 firm orders and an option to buy another 25 B737s to be delivered from 2019.
29th Jul 2016
- AirAsia Warns Customers of Online Scam
AirAsia has warned the public of what is another online scam that can be found on social media. According to the scam, the Malaysian airline is offering free flights if the participant completes a survey.
27th Jul 2016
- MASWings Urged to Increase Connectivity to Mulu National Park
Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture Secretary Ik Pahon Joyik urged MASWings today to add more flights to the Mulu National Park and help promote tourism in this region.
26th Jul 2016
- MyCC Allowed to Challenge CAT’s Decision, AirAsia Caught by Surprise
The High Court in Malaysia has granted the Malaysia Competition Commission’s application to challenge the Competition Appeal Tribunal’s decision to set aside the fine imposed on AirAsia and Malaysia Airlines for breaching the Competition Act 2010.
26th Jul 2016
- MAB to Announce Boeing 737 MAX Order This Week
Malaysia Airlines could announce an order for new Boeing 737 MAX planes on Wednesday this week, reports say. The carrier will also offer new full-flat Business Class seats on its Airbus A330 flights to Australia from September.
25th Jul 2016
- A Dilemma for the Officials: Call off or Continue the Search for MH370?
Australian, Chinese and Malaysian officials are as yet undecided whether to call off or continue the search for the missing Flight MH370, as families of victims urge them to continue the effort.
22nd Jul 2016
- Malindo Air Partners with Qatar Airways
Malindo Air has signed an interline deal with Qatar Airways. This will help the Malaysian-based carrier tap into over 100 new destinations in Qatar’s network, while QR will be able to take advantage of Malindo’s short-haul regional network
21st Jul 2016
- MAB Offers Special Kuala Lumpur-London Promotion
Malaysia Airlines Berhad (MAB) is offering a special, one week, promotion on its Kuala Lumpur to London, UK route from RM2,499 on Economy Class and RM10,499 on Business Class.
20th Jul 2016
- AirAsia, AirAsia X Celebrate Skytrax Awards with Promotional Fares
AirAsia and AirAsia X are celebrating their winning streak at Skytrax Airline Awards by announcing special promotion fares.
19th Jul 2016
- Malaysia Airline Settles Damage Claims with Families of MH17 Victims
Malaysia Airlines settles damage claims with families of MH17 victims as families gather in Ukraine and Netherlands to mark the two year anniversary of the disaster.
18th Jul 2016
- More MH17 Kin Sue MAB Ahead of Lawsuit Deadline
Just days before the lawsuit deadline, Malaysia Airlines Berhad has to deal with 15 more lawsuits from the kin of the victims of MH17 flight that was shot down in 2014 over Ukraine.
15th Jul 2016
- AirAsia Signs Two Deals in Two Days, Worth RM61 Billion
AirAsia has signed two deals worth RM61 billion in just two days – an RM49.9B ($12.6B) for 100 Airbus A321neo jetliners and RM10.7B ($2.7B) for 200 engines to power the aircraft.
14th Jul 2016
- AirAsia and Norwegian Air Talk Partnership
According to Norwegian media, CEO and founder of Norwegian Air has met with AirAsia CEO and co-founder Tony Fernandes at the Farnborough International Airshow to discuss a potential partnership.
14th Jul 2016
- Touristly Offers Concierge Services to AirAsia’s Tune Hotels
Shortly after signing a partnership with AirAsia BIG, Malaysian travel startup Touristly is now offering concierge service to AirAsia’s sister company - Tune Hotels.
14th Jul 2016
- AirAsia Retains Skytrax “World’s Best Low-Cost Airline” Title
AirAsia Berhad has won the Skytrax “World’s Best Low-Cost Airline” and the “Asia’s Best Low-Cost Airline” for the eight year in a row.
13th Jul 2016
- AirAsia, AirAsia X Offer 20% off On All Flights Across the Network
AirAsia and AirAsia X are offering a 20 per cent discount on all their flights to more than 120 destinations in 24 countries. The promo is available between 11th and 17th July for travel between 18th July and 24th November, 2016.
12th Jul 2016
- AirAsia Sets Up for China Joint Venture
AirAsia is setting up for a joint venture in China and is studying local listings in Hong Kong, sources familiar with the airline are reporting.
12th Jul 2016
- Super Typhoon Nepartak Forces AirAsia and MAB to Reschedule Taiwan Flights
A super typhoon Nepartak has forced AirAsia and Malaysia Airlines to reschedule several of their in and out of Taiwan.
8th Jul 2016
- Bellew: MAB Will Make the Biggest Turnaround in History
New Malaysia Airlines CEO Peter Bellew talks about challenges and the future of the airline and says MAB will make the “biggest turnaround in history”.
8th Jul 2016
- New Malaysia Airlines CEO Bellew to Focus on Airport Costs
New Malaysia Airlines Bhd CEO Peter Bellew said the airline will continue to be committed to its turnaround plan and focus on airport costs.
4th Jul 2016
- AirAsia X Wants to Return to London, This Time with A330NEOs
Malaysian budget carrier AirAsia X could return to London in 2018. Direct flights from Kuala Lumpur to the British capital would be operated by Airbus A330NEO planes in that case.
1st Jul 2016
- AirAsia Wants to Invest RM20M+ to Promote KLIA2 as LCCT
AirAsia is looking to invest over RM20 million (US$5 million) in promoting KLIA Terminal 2 as Low-Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT), said AirAsia Group CEO Tony Fernandes.
30th Jun 2016
- MAB to Announce Mueller’s Replacement This Week
Malaysia Airlines Berhad (MAB) is expected to announce the person who will replace Christoph Mueller as the CEO. Reports say this will likely be Peter Bellew, current executive director.
29th Jun 2016
- AirAsia CEO to Meet Transport Minister over KLIA2 Branding Issues
AirAsia Group CEO Tony Fernandes and Malaysian Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai will meet on Wednesday to talk about the KLIA2 branding issue and the airline’s plan to rebrand the hub as LCCT2.
28th Jun 2016
- MAB Enrich Members Can Now Earn Double Miles for Travel to Australia
Members of Malaysia Airlines Frequent Flyer program Enrich can now double their miles when traveling to Australia.
28th Jun 2016
- Malindo Air Eyeing New Interline Deals
After making a codesharing deal with Turkish Airlines Malindo Air is hoping to add at least six more such interline deals with other global carriers.
27th Jun 2016
- AirAsia Introduces Two New Promotions
AirAsia is has launched two new promotions this month. The “Find Your Asia” challenges Hong Kongers on their knowledge of the region, while “Fly Like a Superstar” allows AirAsia and AirAsia X customers to fly cheap between KL and India.
27th Jun 2016
- AirAsia CEO Blamed MAHB Restrictions for Airline's Stunted KLIA2 Growth
Chief executive officer of AirAsia Aireen Omar said the airline’s stunted growth at KLIA2 since it moved here in 2014 was the result of restrictions imposed by Malaysian Airports Holdings Berhad (MAHB).
21st Jun 2016
- ASEAN Governments Should Adopt Global Aviation Trends, Says Fernandes
Tony Fernandes, AirAsia Group CEO said he believes ASEAN governments should free up airline ownership and adopt global trends in the aviation industry.
21st Jun 2016
- AirAsia Seize Air Cargo Industry Customer Care Award 2016
Malaysian airline AirAsia was able to grab another award. This time, the carrier has been awarded the Air Cargo Industry Customer Care Award at the 2016 World Air Cargo Awards in Shanghai.
20th Jun 2016
- Malindo Air Announces More Flights for Hari Raya
Malindo Air has announced that it will add more flight frequencies from Kuala Lumpur International Airport in time for the Hari Raya religious holiday and the end of Ramadan.
17th Jun 2016
- AirAsia Appoints New North Asia President
AirAsia Bhd has appointed Kathleen Tan as its North Asia operations president. Tan will be responsible for markets in China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and Macau.
14th Jun 2016
- AirAsia: “KLIA2 is Low-Cost Carrier Terminal 2 (LCCT2)”
AirAsia will start a campaign, promoting the budget terminal KLIA2 as Low-Cost Carrier Terminal 2 (LCCT2).
13th Jun 2016
- AirAsia CEO Omar: ASEAN Market Remains for New Routes
AirAsia Chief Executive Officer Aireen Omar said in an interview on Wednesday that ASEAN market still has potential for a few more routes.
8th Jun 2016
- MAB to Boost Revenue Using A380s on Charter Flights
Malaysia Airlines Bhd (MAB) is planning to increase its revenue by using its Airbus A380 fleet for charter flights.
8th Jun 2016
- 40 Injured as MAB MH1 Experiences Severe Turbulence Over Bay of Bengal
40 people were injured, including 34 passengers and six crew members, as Malaysia Airlines flight number MH1, flying from London to Kuala Lumpur experienced severe turbulence.
6th Jun 2016
- AirAsia Gets an Offer for its Leasing Company
Tony Fernandes, CEO of AirAsia revealed today that the biggest Asian budget carrier has received an offer of around US$1 billion for its aircraft leasing company, Asia Aviation Capital.
31st May 2016
- AirAsia X Flies to Mauritius from 4th October
As of 4th October, the long-haul, LCC arm of AirAsia, AirAsia X will begin flying to Mauritius. One-way tickets are available for booking before 5th June starting from RM299.
25th May 2016
- Malaysia to Open Aviation Hub at KLIA
Malaysian officials have launched a plan that would turn empty land around KLIA in an aviation hub, called KLIA Aeropolis.
24th May 2016
- Malaysia Airlines Appoints GroupM as its Media Agency
Malaysia Airlines Bhd has appointed GroupM to handle its global media. GroupM will be responsible for media buying and optimization, re-marketing, channel planning and search engine marketing.
23rd May 2016
- Khazanah Nasional Bhd Sets up Holding Company for MAB and Subsidiaries
Khazanah Nasional Berhad has set up a holding company under which Malaysia Airlines Berhad (MAB) and its subsidiaries – MASWings, Firefly, MAB Engineering an MAB Kargo will come under the control of the sovereign wealth fund.
20th May 2016
- SAP Company Concur to Implement Travel & Expense Solution for Air Asia
for Air Asia SAP company Concur has been selected by AirAsia to help it become more efficient. Concur will implement an integrated Travel and Expense solution for AirAsia Global Shared Services.
20th May 2016
- Malaysia Investigates Airport Immigration Security System
Malaysia will investigate its airport immigration security system, says Deputy Home Minister Nur Jazlan Mohamed. A syndicate is suspected to be hacking the system at opportune moments.
19th May 2016
- Outgoing MAB CEO Says the Worst is Over for the Airline
Current Malaysia Airlines Bhd CEO Christoph Mueller says the “worst is over” for the airline, while doing an interview for local BFM 89.9 radio station.
13th May 2016
- Two Items Found in the Indian Ocean “Almost Certainly” From MH370
Malaysian authorities have confirmed that two pieces of debris found in the Indian Ocean are “almost certainly” from Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370.
12th May 2016
- AirAsia Cancels Kuala Lumpur-Goa Service
Malaysian low-cost carrier AirAsia has announced that it will cancel the service between Kuala Lumpur and Goa as of 7th June. AirAsia X “cautiously optimistic” following positive Q1 results for the year.
11th May 2016
- Black Box Found in Somalia is “Definitely” Not from MH370
Australian officials said on Monday that the flight recorder found in Somalia, on a beach near the town of Gara’ad is not from the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370.
10th May 2016
- AirAsia Group Posts Load Factor of 86% in Q1 2016
AirAsia’s load factor for the first quarter of 2016 has reached 86 per cent, says the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
9th May 2016
- MAB COO Confident of Fixing the Company with the Current Strategy
Malaysia Airlines Bhd Chief Operating Officer Peter Bellew is confident the current MAB management will be able to fix the airline with the current strategy.
3rd May 2016
- AirAsia Abruptly Cancels Saturday Chennai-Kuala Lumpur Flight
About 100 passengers were left stranded at Chennai Airport as AirAsia unexpectedly and without providing a reason canceled the flight from this city to Kuala Lumpur.
2nd May 2016
- AirAsia ‘Go Green’ Efforts Reduce its CO2 Emissions in 2015
Thanks to its ‘go green’ efforts, including the ‘Green24’ campaign, AirAsia has managed to reduce the CO2 emissions to 22,602 tonnes in last year.
29th Apr 2016
- AirAsia Offers Special Promotion for Sarawakians Flying Home for Elections
AirAsia is offering special fares to Sarawakians flying home to vote in the upcoming Sarawak State Election with its ‘Exercise Your Flight to Vote’ campaign.
27th Apr 2016
- AirAsia Organizes Cabin Crew Recruitment Drive
Malaysian budget carrier AirAsia will hold a cabin crew recruitment drive at the Asian Aviation Centre of Excellence this weekend in Sepang. Those interested in becoming a part of AirAsia’s Cabin Crew can apply with or without prior experience.
22nd Apr 2016
- Celcom Axiata CEO Shazalli Ramly Not Taking Over as MAB CEO
Although it was widely speculated that he could replace Christoph Mueller as Malaysia Airlines CEO, Shazalli Ramly, CEO at Celcom Axiata and board member of MAB, denied those rumours.
22nd Apr 2016
- Christoph Mueller under Heavy Fire after Leaving as MAB CEO
Christoph Mueller, who has announced his departure from Malaysia Airlines as its CEO has come under heavy fire for this decision by the National Union of Flight Attendants Malaysia.
21st Apr 2016
- Malaysia Airlines CEO Steps Down
Malaysia Airlines CEO Christoph Mueller steps down “due to a change in his personal circumstances”. No further details have been provided. Mueller took the job in May 2015.
20th Apr 2016
- Stenciled Codes Found on Mozambique Debris Exclusive to MAB, Says Report
According to the Australian Transport Safety Bureau, stenciled codes found on Mozambique debris are unique to Malaysia Airlines and “almost certainly” prove they come from MH370.
19th Apr 2016
- AirAsia and AirAsia X Offer 20% Discount for AATF 2016 Locations
Malaysian carriers AirAsia and AirAsia X are offering a 20 per cent promotional discount to all of its destinations at the AirAsia Travel Fair 2016 from April to May.
18th Apr 2016
- MASwings Lucky Sticker Winner Gets a Free Ticket to Borneo Jazz Festival
Dr Mornie Kambrie is the first of hopefully many lucky people to find a “lucky number” sticker under his cup on a MASwings flight which will allow him to attend the Borneo Jazz Festival for free.
15th Apr 2016
- DCA Aviation Fee Hike to be Introduced in Stages
The Malaysian Department of Civil Aviation will introduce its new aviation fees in stages due to complaints from carriers that the increase is too sudden and too high.
14th Apr 2016
- Malaysia Airlines Bhd Sponsors Sarawak Music Festivals this Year
Malaysia Airlines Berhad (MAB) will sponsor flight tickets for this year Sarawak music festival performers, including the Borneo Jazz and the Rainforest Music Festival.
13th Apr 2016
- Families of Four Malaysia Airlines MH370 Victims are Suing the Company
Families of four MH370 victims – Robert and Catherine Lawton and Rodney and Mary Burrows – are suing Malaysia Airlines for their deaths.
12th Apr 2016
- Rayani Air Passengers Can Now Rebook With Malaysia Airlines
Passengers who already booked a flight with the now suspended Rayani Air can rebook with Malaysia’s national carrier Malaysia Airlines Berhad. Rayani Air has had its AOC suspended for three months by the DCA
11th Apr 2016
- Malaysia Airlines Teams Up With Tourism Australia
Malaysia Airlines has teamed up with Tourism Australia for a promotional campaign for operations between Australia and India.
8th Apr 2016
- AirAsia Gets New Lightweight Seats
Malaysian low-budget carrier AirAsia signed an agreement with UK-based Mirus Aircraft Seating to retrofit its Airbus A320s with new, lightweight seats.
7th Apr 2016
- MAB-Emirates Codeshare Now Includes 15 New Malaysian Destinations
Malaysia Airlines and Emirates Airways have expanded their codeshare partnership, which now covers 15 cities in Malaysia. Meanwhile, MAB goes retro with one of its B747s.
5th Apr 2016
- MyCEB and Malaysia Airlines Partner for Business Events in the Country
Malaysia Airlines Bhd and MyCEB (Malaysia Convention and Exhibition Bureau) agreed to a 1-year strategic partnership to promote business tourism in the country.
5th Apr 2016
- AirAsia Looking to Raise US$200 Million from Share Sale to Tune Air
AirAsia Berhad is planning to raise more than US$200 million by selling stock to its biggest shareholder Tune Air in a private placement.
1st Apr 2016
- Maybank “Neutral” on AirAsia Privatization News
Maybank Investment Bank Research said today in a statement that it is “neutral” when it comes to the news that budget airline AirAsia will be privatized. MIR has also downgraded the airline’s stock from “buy” to “hold”.
28th Mar 2016
- Mozambique Debris is Probably from MH370, Say Investigators
The two pieces found in Mozambique are very likely to have come from Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, which has disappeared in March two years ago, investigators said.
24th Mar 2016
- AirAsia, AirAsia X Offer New Routes and Promotional Fares
AirAsia and its subsidiary AirAsia X are offering promotional fares for Penang-Yangon (AirAsia) and Kuala Lumpur-Auckland (AirAsia X).
23rd Mar 2016
- Customer Confidence Returns to MAB With 22% More China Passengers YTD
Costumer confidence in Malaysia Airlines gradually returns. The airline flew 22 per cent more passengers from China YTD. MAB has also introduced new A330-300 Business Class seats.
22nd Mar 2016
- Possible MH370 Debris Arrives in Australia for Testing
A piece of metal debris found in Mozambique in southeast Africa has arrived in Australia where it will be tested to determine if it belonged to the missing MH370.
21st Mar 2016
- Malindo Air Moves its Operations from KLIA2 to KLIA
Malaysian hybrid carrier Malindo Air moves out of KLIA2 after two years being there and starts operating from Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
15th Mar 2016
- Another MH370 Victim’s Family Sues Malaysia Airlines for MH370
The family of Paul Weeks from New Zealand sued Malaysia Airlines for ‘sudden shock’ and ‘mental harm’ they suffered following the disappearance of flight MH370 in March 2014.
14th Mar 2016
- Mozambique Debris Analyzed in Malaysia for Possible Connection to MH370
A piece of debris, possibly from the missing Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777-200 MH370, which was found in Mozambique in Africa, was shipped to Malaysia for analysis.
11th Mar 2016
- Malindo Air adds Pakistan to its Route Map
Malindo Air CEO Rama Muthy said the beginning of operation to Pakistan is a historic milestone for his company. Deputy Minister of Transportation, Ab Aziz Kaprawi praised the LCCC’s decision, saying it could boost both countries tourism.
10th Mar 2016
- Another Piece of MH370 Possibly Found
A new possible piece of MAS MH370 was found off the coast of Indian Ocean by a resident of French Island and delivered to the authorities for analysis.
8th Mar 2016
- AirAsia X Returns to Profit, Expands China, India, Australia Routes
Long-haul Malaysian airline AirAsia X is looking to expand its seat capacity for China, India and Australia, says its Chief Executive Benyamin Ismail.
1st Mar 2016
- MAB Partners with Booking.com, Faces New Lawsuit
Malaysia Airlines Bhd. Revealed on Thursday that it has entered a partnership with the leading provider of online bookings, Booking.com. MAB is also facing a new lawsuit, this time in China.
27th Feb 2016
- MASWings Ready to Replace ATRs
In a Q&A dialogue arranged by Labuan Chinese Chamber of Commerce, CEO of MASWings Ritzerwan Rashid said the carrier is ready to replace its ATR 500s with ATR 600s.
26th Feb 2016
- Widow and Sons of MH370 Victim Sue MAB in Australian Court
The widow and sons of a MH370 victim are suing Malaysia Airlines Berhad in an Australian court for ‘nervous shock’, claiming unspecified damages from the carrier.
25th Feb 2016
- Mh370 Victim’s Families Want Lawsuit Deadline against MAB Prolonged
Families and friends of MH370 victims are looking for an extension of their lawsuit deadline against Malaysia Airlines for another 60 days.
23rd Feb 2016
- AirAsia Introduces Kuala Lumpur-Shantou Route
AirAsia is offering promotional prices from RM88 for its newest direct route from Kuala Lumpur to the Chinese city of Shantou. This is AirAsia’s 14th route to China.
18th Feb 2016
- MAB’s Christoph Mueller Promotes Malaysia as an Alternative to Bali
Malaysia Airlines boss Christoph Mueller was busy promoting Kota Kinabalu and other Malaysian destinations as an alternative holiday resorts to Bali.
16th Feb 2016
- Malaysia Airlines No Longer Cutting Routes
Malaysian national carrier MAB (Malaysia Airlines Berhad) is done with cutting its network capacity for 2016 and will now focus on growing regional markets.
12th Feb 2016
- MASWings Sabah, Sarawak Rural Service Gets a 7-Year Extension
MASWings will get its contract with Putrajaya extended for 7 more years. This will allow the airline to continue to provide rural air services to Sarawak and Sabah.
9th Feb 2016
- Malindo Air Now Flies Daily to Hong Kong
Malindo Air expands its international network by launching daily services from Kuala Lumpur to Hong Kong. This is the second route to China Malindo is flying after Sanya, Hainan Province.
5th Feb 2016
- AirAsia X Brings Back Kuala Lumpur-New Delhi Route
Long-haul carrier AirAsia X is bringing back the Kuala Lumpur-New Delhi service, four years since it cancelled it in 2012.
4th Feb 2016
- AirAsia Increases Stake in Think BIH Digital
Malaysian low-budget carrier AirAsia Bhd is increasing its stake in Think BIG Digital from 46.1 per cent to 71.9 per cent after buying a 25.8 per cent stake from Tune Money International.
4th Feb 2016
- AirAsia X Considers Adding Wellington and Christchurch Flights
Long-haul airline AirAsia X revealed today that it could add more flights to New Zealand, more particularly to Wellington and Christchurch, soon. AirAsia currently operates KL-Auckland service.
28th Jan 2016
- AirAsia Opens New Routes, AirAsia X Offers New Promo Fares
Malaysian low-cost carrier AirAsia has revealed three new international routes, which it will operate from three different airports in Malaysia. The airline now flies to Wuhan and Guangzhou, China and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
27th Jan 2016
- MAB Celebrates Long-Term Partnership with Sabre
Malaysia Airlines Berhad and Sabre celebrate their long-term partnership at an even which gathered more than 200 travel agencies from the regions. MAB stops flying from Schiphol.
26th Jan 2016
- AirAsia Starts Penang-Ho Chi Minh Service
Malaysian carrier AirAsia launched its first direct flight between Penang and Ho Chi Minh on Monday. Meanwhile, AirAsia X is planning to continue flights to Teheran, calling Iran a ‘massive opportunity’.
26th Jan 2016
- Malaysia Airlines Offers 50% Discount to Enrich Members
Enrich loyalty program members just got a great offer by Malaysia Airlines to get a 30-50 per cent on destinations of their choosing for the next eight days.
22nd Jan 2016
- AirAsia Rewards Best #GREEN24 Community Projects with 24 Return Flights
As a part of AirAsia’s #GREEN24 challenge, the Malaysian carrier is rewarding the 24 best community projects with return flights to destinations of their choosing.
21st Jan 2016
- “Bird Strike” Lands AirAsia Plane Back on Tarmac
Malaysian carrier AirAsia blames a “bird strike” for landing its return flight from Phnom Penh to Kuala Lumpur on Monday morning.
29th Dec 2015
- MAS to Investigate Why MH132 Went the Wrong Route
Malaysia Airlines announced this weekend that it will open a probe as to why one of its planes, MH132 went the wrong route while traveling from Auckland to Kuala Lumpur.
28th Dec 2015
- Rayani Airlines Becomes the World’s First Sharia-Compliant Airline
Malaysia’s newest airline Rayani Airlines becomes the first carrier in the world to fully comply with Sharia laws. The low-cost says it will “strictly follow Sharia rules based on guidelines by relevant authorities”.
23rd Dec 2015
- MAB Forms Partnership with Cost Management Solutions Company Airpas
Malaysia Airlines Berhad has formed a long-term partnership with German-based cost management solutions company Airpas Aviation to cut its direct operating costs. In addition, MAB has also penned a codeshare agreement with Firefly Airlines.
22nd Dec 2015
- Malindo Air Launches Daily Kuala Lumpur-Colombo Service
Malindo Air today launched a new daily service from Kuala Lumpur to Colombo, Sri Lanka. Promotional fares begin at RM339 for Economy Class and RM579 for Business Class one-way all inclusive.
21st Dec 2015
- Malaysia Welcomes New Budget Airline – Rayani Air
Rayani Air joins the Malaysian airline scene with flights in and out of Kuala Lumpur International 2 , Langkawi and Kota Baru Airports.
18th Dec 2015
- A Warning to MAS: Observe Immigration Procedures
Malaysia Airlines Berhad received a stern warning from the Deputy Home Minister Nur Jazlan Mohamed that it needs to observe immigration checking procedures for passengers arriving in the country much better.
15th Dec 2015
- AirAsia Wins “World’s Leading Low-Cost Airline 2015”
For the third year in a row, Malaysian airline AirAsia wins World Travel’s “World’s Leading Low-Cost Airline”, The Group also won awards for the best website and app.
14th Dec 2015
- “Those are our 747s”, Says Air Cargo Startup
Malaysia-based air cargo startup Swift Air Cargo claims ownership of three Boeing 747 planes left at the KLIA parking that the Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad has issued an advert for in local newspapers.
11th Dec 2015
- CAPA: There is Potential in MAB – British Airways Code-Share
According to CAPA, there is a huge potential in a possible code-share agreement between Oneworld members Malaysia Airlines Berhad and British Airways.
11th Dec 2015
- Malaysia Airports to Auction Abandoned B747s
Three Boeing 747 jets that are seemingly abandoned at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Malaysia for over a year now will soon be put to auction by Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad.
10th Dec 2015
- Malaysia Airlines Shifts its Focus Following New Deal with Emirates
Emirates Christoph Mueller, CEO at Malaysia Airlines said on Wednesday that MAB will switch its focus from northeast/southeast to a north/south one, following a new deal with Emirates.
9th Dec 2015
- Malaysia Airlines Plans More Local Bases in Q1 2016
Malaysia Airlines Berhad is planning to open seven more local crew bases in Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah and Sarawak. This is a part of it centralizing its B737-800 fleet operations away from its KLIA hub.
9th Dec 2015
- Malaysia Airlines and Qantas Joint Venture Not Happening
Even though MAB recently signed a joint venture with Emirates, Qantas will not revisit a potential partnership with the Malaysian carrier and Oneworld member.
8th Dec 2015
- Malindo Air Wins Travelport’s Top Performing Airline 2015 Award
Malindo Air took home the coveted Top Performing Airline Award for 2015 at the Travelport Appreciation Night on Saturday in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
7th Dec 2015
- AirAsia Eyes Routes To and From China
Malaysian airline AirAsia is looking to begin flights between Langkawi and Guangzhou, China at the end of next month. This is a part of its strategy to push its services into China more.
3rd Dec 2015
- Malaysia Airlines Becomes Code-Share Partner with Emirates
Malaysia Airlines continues its restructuring by signing a code-share agreement with Emirates. The partnership should help MAS double the amount of destinations it can offer its passengers.
3rd Dec 2015
- All is Now Fine with AirAsia’s Operations at KLIA2
AirAsia’s operations at Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 are back to their normal state this morning after the passengers there were left stranded as a result of delays and cancelations.
2nd Dec 2015
- AirAsia Finally Moves Into KKIA Terminal 1
AirAsia has moved to Kota Kinabalu International Airport Terminal 1 and the response from passengers is mostly a very positive one since the first day.
1st Dec 2015
- MAS Launches Year End Special Fares
Malaysia Airlines has launched Year End Specials. Passengers can book a ticket from now till 7th December to save on travel between London and Malaysia, SE Asia and Australasia.
25th Nov 2015
- Third Ship Joins MAS 370 Search
A third ship has joined the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 search in the Indian Ocean, officials have revealed on Wednesday.
25th Nov 2015
- Malindo Air Gets Approval to Fly to Jeddah
Malindo Air has received the approval to fly to Jeddah from Kuala Lumpur from the government in Saudi Arabia. The service (11 times weekly) started on 19th November.
24th Nov 2015
- Malindo Air Launches Inaugural Kuala Lumpur-Perth Flight
Boeing 737-900ER from Malindo Air had its “maiden voyage” today, marking the start of a new, 11 times weekly, service from Kuala Lumpur to Perth.
19th Nov 2015
- AirAsia and eNett Make Booking Cheaper and Safer for Agents
Malaysian airline AirAsia and eNett International have penned an agreement today which will allow agents to buy tickets from AirAsia via Virtual Account Numbers (VAN) at a much lower cost.
18th Nov 2015
- AirAsia BIG Partners with ETCM
ETCM, official distributor of Nissan for Malaysia, has announced today the beginning of a long-term partnership with AirAsia’s loyalty programme AirAsia BIG. Details of this partnership have not been divulged.
17th Nov 2015
- MAS to Introduce Premium Economy Option, Says CEO
MAS could soon introduce a premium economy option for long-haul business travellers, said CEO Christoph Mueller. This could help the company become profitable again after years of losses.
13th Nov 2015
- Has MH370 Search Stopped in the Indian Ocean?
The search for the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 seems to have stopped, at least for now as both ships used to scan the Indian Ocean for debris are ne route for Fremantle, Australia.
10th Nov 2015
- AirAsia Bhd to Launch Penang-Ho Chi Minh City Route
AirAsia Bhd prepares to launch a new four weekly service between Penang and Ho Chi Minh City starting on 16th December, 2015.
4th Nov 2015
- MASWings Extends “Celebra8th Anniversary” Promotion
Following the success of “Celebra8th Anniversary”, MASWings has decided to extend the promotion from 31st January, 2016 to 31st March 2016.
29th Oct 2015
- Malaysia Airlines Brings New Charter Flights to China
Malaysia Airlines Bhd has partnered with Universal Charter Sdn Berhad to offer charter flights between Kota Kinabalu and several cities in China that are beyond MAB’s network.
28th Oct 2015
- Travel Weekly Asia Names AirAsia ‘Best Low-Cost Carrier’
New recognition comes AirAsia’s way as the Malaysian carrier is named ‘Best Low-Cost Carrier’ by the readers of Travel Weekly Asia. That’s a third such award for AirAsia this year.
27th Oct 2015
- Malindo Air Passenger ‘Catches Fire’ in His Seat
One Malindo Air passenger had his flight ruined by an e-cig bursting into flames while he was watching a video in his Boeing 737-800 seat while en route to KLIA2.
26th Oct 2015
- AirAsia to Move to KKIA1 in December and Not November
AirAsia will move to Kota Kinabalu International Airport’s Terminal 1 in December, and not November, as it was initially planned, said Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai.
22nd Oct 2015
- Malaysia Airlines Offers 50% off for All Tickets in its YESS Campaign
Malaysia Airlines is offering 50 percent off of all tickets as part of its Year-End Super Special Sales (YESS) campaign. Tickets are available until 30th October.
21st Oct 2015
- AirAsia Raises RM120K for Cancer Patients
AirAsia Bhd raised more than RM120,000 during its five-month campaign to ease the financial burden for cancer patients and their families.
19th Oct 2015
- Malaysia Airlines Rebranding Not the Answer, Warns Crew Union
While Malaysia Airlines is ready to unveil a new logo, name and livery, leading airline industry worker’s group in Malaysia, NUFAM, slams the proposed facelift.
16th Oct 2015
- Malaysia Airlines to Offer ‘Dash for Deals’ Every Weekend
Malaysia Airlines is set to offer bargain all-inclusive return flights every weekend on both domestic and international routes as part of its ‘Dash for Deals’ offer.
16th Oct 2015
- Malaysia Airlines to Look for Staff From Within
Malaysia Airlines Berhad has started hiring from within in its first mass recruitment following the termination of thousands of its employees.
15th Oct 2015
- Malaysia Airlines Reroutes Flights Away From Turbulent Caspian Sea
Following an advisory from European regulators, Malaysia Airlines has decided to reroute flights away from the Caspian Sea. Many other carriers, such as Qantas, continue flying above the region, despite the warning.
14th Oct 2015
- Plane Wreckage Supposedly Found in the Philippines, Possibly MH370
A 40-year old audiovisual technician and his nephew from the Philippines claim to have seen the wreckage of the missing Malaysian Air MH370. Malaysian and Philippines’ authorities remain skeptical.
13th Oct 2015
- Malindo Air Launches Kuala Lumpur-Perth Service
Malindo Air has announced it will begin flying between Kuala Lumpur and Perth on 19th November this year. The news came shortly after the Malaysian airline received an approval from CASA for the flight.
12th Oct 2015
- Malaysia Airlines Reveals New Name, Livery and Logo Next Month
Malaysia Airlines is set to reveal a new name, livery and logo next month, sources report. This is a part of the big brand overhaul for the Malaysian carrier.
12th Oct 2015
- Malaysia Airlines Passengers on Auckland-KL Flight Remain Stranded
Passengers of canceled Malaysia Airlines Auckland-Kuala Lumpur flight MH130 remain grounded on the airport, some for nearly 36 hours, as communication from the carrier is lacking.
9th Oct 2015
- AirAsia Denies Rumours of Privatisation
Amidst rumours of privatisation, AirAsia yesterday said that it has no knowledge of such plans. The airline is now sending circulars to shareholders ahead of the Extraordinary General meeting in November.
8th Oct 2015
- MASwings Celebrates 8-Year Anniversary with Low Fare Offers
To celebrate its eight-year anniversary of flying over Sarawak and Sabah, MASWings offers 80 per cent discount on all its domestic destinations with fares starting from RM88.
8th Oct 2015
- Uncertainty for MAB Boeing 737-800 Pilots
Looking to get rid of excess capacity, Malaysia Airlines Berhad could be offering between 100 and 120 Boeing 737-800 pilots to other carriers for secondment. Should the plan fail, MAB has some other options.
7th Oct 2015
- Malindo Air Gets CASA Go Ahead for KL-Perth Flights
Malindo Air has gained CASA’s approval to fly between Kuala Lumpur and Perth 11 times a week from 11th November.
1st Oct 2015
- Malindo Air Announces Direct Trichy to Penang Flights
Malindo Air announced on Wednesday in cooperation with Tourism Malaysia direct flights from Trichy, India to Penang.
1st Oct 2015
- Haze Closed Sultan Abdul Shah Airport
Heavy haze and smog on Saturday forced the Malaysian authorities to close the Sultan Abdul Shah Airport in Subang, Selangor for three hours on Saturday. Visibility was below 300m.
28th Sep 2015
- Pilot Spots New Debris, Search for MH370 Continues on the Same Sites
Only 9 days removed from when an Air France pilot reported possible debris in the waters northwest of the Reunion Island, the search for the missing MH370 plane continues, but in the same region that was previously ruled out.
25th Sep 2015
- AirAsia Opens its Sixth Malaysian Hub in Langkawi
AirAsia is preparing to launch a new hub for its operations in Malaysia, its sixth one in total. The hub will be placed in Langkawi and the airline is already working on starting flights from here to Hong Kong and Guangzhou.
23rd Sep 2015
- Malindo Announces Kuala Lumpur-Amritsar Flights
Malindo Air announces its longest route from KL, a 4,268km flight from Kuala Lumpur to Amritsar in India. The service will operate three times per week.
22nd Sep 2015
- MAS Enters Joint Venture with Tourism NZ and Auckland Airport
Malaysia Airlines have entered a joint venture partnership for the Indian market with Tourism New Zealand and Auckland Airport.
21st Sep 2015
- AirAsia-MAHB War Continues
The dispute between AirAsia and MAHB continues, as the later said that the low budget carrier will have to move its operations at KKIA from the congested Terminal 2 to Terminal 1.
17th Sep 2015
- Minister Liow Puts Malaysia on High Alert Following Haze
Malaysian aviation and maritime sectors are put on high alert following a heavy haze that threatens to get only worse. AirAsia was forced to re-route one of its planes to Phuket before returning from Thailand.
14th Sep 2015
- AirAsia with Special Malaysia Day Promotions
Low budget carrier AirAsia is offering special, Malaysia Day promotions from as low as RM45 for various destinations. The price includes the tax and is for one way fares.
14th Sep 2015
- AirAsia Now Goes to Koh Samui and Koh Phangan in Thailand
AirAsia guests now have the opportunity to fly directly to Koh Samui and Koh Phangan in Thailand thanks to the new air, land, sea transfer the Malaysian carrier is offering.
14th Sep 2015
- AirAsia Wins Business Traveller’s Best Low-Cost Airline Award
Malaysian-based airline AirAsia has won the Best Low Cost Airline award at the Business Traveller Asia-Pacific Travel Awards 2015. This is the 4th time in a row that the carrier has won this accolade since 2012.
11th Sep 2015
- MAS Enrich Loyalty Program Partners with Federal Hotels International
Malaysia Airlines loyalty program Enrich partners with Federal Hotels International (FHI), brining additional mile-earning opportunities to the members of this program.
11th Sep 2015
- Malindo Air Opens Dedicated Airport Lounge at KLIA2
Malaysian low budget carrier Malindo Air opened its first dedicated lounge at Kuala Lumpur International’s Terminal 2 (KLIA2).
9th Sep 2015
- Reunion Debris is From MAS MH370, Prosecutors Confirm
After thoroughly examining the piece of aircraft wing that washed on the shore of Reunion Island, French prosecutors were able to confirm that it was indeed from the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.
4th Sep 2015
- AirAsia Considering Daily Vizag-Kuala Lumpur Flights
Malaysian carrier AirAsia gets ready to add more flights to the Vizag-KL route, making it a daily service, instead of tri-weekly.
3rd Sep 2015
- AirAsia Introduces KL-Changsha, China Route
Malaysian carrier AirAsia introduces its 10th direct service to China with the Kuala Lumpur-Changsha service commencing next month.
2nd Sep 2015
- MAS Closes Perth and Singapore Airport Lounges
Malaysia Airlines has shut down its Perth and Singapore airport lounges in an effort to ‘right-size’ its operations. Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne and London lounges to get an upgrade.
1st Sep 2015
- Malaysia Airlines Bhd Gets the Air Operator Certificate
Malaysia Airlines Berhad has received the Air Operator Certificate from the Department of Civil Aviation. This will allow MAB to start operating from 1st September.
28th Aug 2015
- AirAsia Shouldn’t be Bullied into Moving to KKIA Terminal
Social-cum-consumer activist Patrick Sindhu said AirAsia should not be bullied by the Ministry of Transport and MAB into moving to KKIA Terminal 2.
27th Aug 2015
- Malaysia Airlines Names New Head of Marketing and Executive Counsel
Malaysia Airlines has named Charles D. McKee as its new head of marketing and Nik Azli Abu Zahar as the new executive counsel.
26th Aug 2015
- AirAsia Takes Gold at Putra Brand Awards for the 6th Consecutive Time
AirAsia can now boast the fact that it has won the prestigious World’s Best Low Cost Airline at the Putra Brand Awards for the sixth time in a row.
25th Aug 2015
- Will AirAsia Reduce Fares to Maldives?
As AirAsia recommences service to Maldives starting October, the dilemma is whether the airline will reduce fares? The carrier also celebrates Merdeka with RM29 one-way fares.
24th Aug 2015
- Malaysia Airlines to Offer Ticket Discounts at MATTA Fair
Malaysian Airlines customers can get a discount from 30 to 50 percent on promo tickets if they buy them during the MATTA Fair in September, the carrier said.
20th Aug 2015
- AirAsia Introduces New Menu - “Santan”
AirAsia seeks to overcome one of the biggest problems the airlines have – food that tastes like cardboard, with new menu called “Santan”.
19th Aug 2015
- Lower Fuel Prices Save RM646 Million for AirAsia
Malaysian airline AirAsia has lower fuel prices to thank for some big savings. The carrier expects It will save up to RM646 million ($160 million) in cost savings next year as crude oil prices are going down.
18th Aug 2015
- AirAsia Promotes Malaysia in View of Weakened Ringgit
In view of the weakening ringgit, AirAsia Bhd has started promoting the Malaysia in countries with stronger currency
17th Aug 2015
- AirAsia CEO's Statements
Chairman of the Tourism Board of Malaysia Wee Choo Keong said he will continue to insist that AirAsia moves to Kota Kinabalu International Airport’s Terminal 1, despite the carrier’s reluctance.
14th Aug 2015
- David Foster Named as New AirAsia Global Brand Ambassador
Malaysian carrier AirAsia has named Grammy award-winning musician David Foster to be its new global brand ambassador.
13th Aug 2015
- AirAsia Staying on Kota Kinabalu Airport T2
According to Group CEO Tony Fernandes, moving AirAsia from Kota Kinabalu’s Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 would only create jamming at the airport.
12th Aug 2015
- AirAsia Marks 300 Millionth Guest Milestone with “Celebratory Fares”
Celebrating its 300 millionth guest, AirAsia has decided to offer “celebratory fares” on 3 million seats for as low as RM25.91.
11th Aug 2015
- Malaysian Authorities to Inspect Possible MH370 Maldives Debris
Malaysian government will be sending a team of experts to examine the debris found in Maldives. The experts have a task to determine whether the debris belonged to MH370.
11th Aug 2015
- Sarawak, Sabah in Talks with Khazanah about MASWings Shares
Sarawak and Sabah state governments are looking to increase their shares in MASWings and have entered negotiations with Khazanah National.
10th Aug 2015
- AirAsia: We Have No Choice but to Take Action against Malaysia Airports
AirAsia, the biggest carrier in Malaysia, said it has no other choice but to take stern action against MAHB after its inefficiency which caused several problems for the carrier.
7th Aug 2015
- Reunion Debris Confirmed to be from MAS MH370
Malaysia Airlines MH370 appears to be finally found as the investigators confirmed that the debris discovered on Reunion Island is indeed from the missing plane.
6th Aug 2015
- More Suspected MAS MH370 Debris Found Near Reunion Island
More wreckage, of what could be the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 was found yesterday on the northern coast of Reunion Island. Debris, possibly from MH370 was found near this island last week.
5th Aug 2015
- MAS MH370 Debris Washes up on the Shores of Reunion Island
A piece of debris washed up on the shores of Reunion Island that could be a part of the missing Malaysia Airlines MH370 plane. The plane disappeared from the radar in March last year.
4th Aug 2015
- AirAsia against Moving to Kota Kinabalu Terminal 1
AirAsia says it will not move its operations to Kota Kinabalu Terminal 1 and that it will stay at the low-cost Terminal 2.
29th Jul 2015
- AirAsia X Ready to Partner with Investors, Says its CEO
AirAsia X is ready and willing to partner with potential investors, but only if the price is right, says Benyamin Ismail, AirAsia X CEO.
28th Jul 2015
- AirAsia Special Offer in Anticipation of the 300 Millionth Guest
AirAsia announces a special 20% off base fares on all flights and seats as the carrier approaches its 300 millionth flown guest.
27th Jul 2015
- AirAsia Continues Direct KL-Maldives Service in October
Starting October, AirAsia will be resuming its Kuala Lumpur to Maldives direct service with three weekly flights. The service will commence on 22nd October.
21st Jul 2015
- 400 MAS Bhd Pilots to be Seconded to Other Airlines
According to reports some 400 pilots of the newly formed Malaysia Airlines Berhad were recently emailed by their new company they would have to be seconded to other airlines.
17th Jul 2015
- Malaysia Airlines Cuts KL-Delhi Flights
MAS is reducing capacity on its Indian routes as a part of its restructuring exercise. The airline is cutting down its KL-Delhi flights and switching to a smaller jet for Mumbai service.
16th Jul 2015
- MH370 Search in Crucial Phase, Says ICAO General Secretary
According to aviation expert Raymond Benjamin of the ICAO, the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines MH370 could forever remain a mystery and the search is just now entering a crucial phase.
15th Jul 2015
- MAS to Scale down its International Network
With the restructuring exercise announced in 2014, Malaysia Airlines is looking to scale down its international network this August.
15th Jul 2015
- MASWings Donated Over RM 40,050 for Sabah Quake Victims
Malaysian airliner MASWings has donated RM 40,050 from the Sabah quake donation pledge to the Board of Trustees of Sabah Parks.
14th Jul 2015
- AirAsia and Malaysia Airlines Cancel Bali and Lombok Flights
Due to volcanic activity from Mount Raung, several carriers, including AirAsia and Malaysia Airlines have cancelled flights to and from Bali and Lombok in Indonesia on Friday.
10th Jul 2015
- AirAsia to Sell 120 Aircraft on a Sale-and-Lease
Malaysian low budget carrier confirmed today that it intends to sell up to 120 of its aircrafts in an effort to cut debt. AA will sell the planes on a sale-and-lease.
10th Jul 2015
- Jet Carrying Sarawak Governor Hits Parked MASWings Plane
A plane carrying Sarawak Governor Tun Abdul Taib Mahmud collided with the MASWings aircraft on Wednesday as it touched down at Mukah Airport.
9th Jul 2015
- AirAsia X Files Complaint Against GMT Research
Following the report from GMT Research that showed the carrier in negative light, AirAsia X has decided to file a formal complaint against it with the Securities Commission.
9th Jul 2015
- AirAsia Guests to Have In-Flight Tweeter Thanks to roKKi Partnership
AirAsia has partnered with a provider of in-flight entertainment roKKi to provide its passengers access to Twitter while on board their planes.
1st Jul 2015
- Are Batteries to Blame for MAS MH370 Crash?
A new report claims that a cargo consisting 221 kilos of lithium-ion batteries on board the plane are to blame for the disappearance of MAS MH370.
29th Jun 2015
- Fernandes and Kamarudin to Spend More Time on AirAsia
AirAsia Group CEO Tony Fernandes and AirAsia X CEO Kamarudin Meranun will focus on the Malaysian airline in wake of its shares going down after GMT’s report.
26th Jun 2015
- Malaysia Airlines Cancels KL-Brisbane Route
MAS has announced that it will ax its daily service to Brisbane beginning August. This effectively means there will be no more flights between Kuala Lumpur and this city.
25th Jun 2015
- Local Regulations Prevent AirAsia to Consolidate Affiliates' Accounts
AirAsia rebutted a report from GMT Research that said it is unwilling to be more transparent and consolidate its foreign associates’ accounts by saying it would have done so if not for aviation regulations.
22nd Jun 2015
- AirAsia Offers Fares from RM9.54
AirAsia has put 3 million seats from as low as RM9.54. Booking for those seats starts today and is available until 28th June for flights between 15th February and 31st August, 2016.
22nd Jun 2015
- AirAsia to Resume Kuala Lumpur-Dhaka
AirAsia Berhard will resume its flights from Kuala Lumpur to Dhaka, Bangladesh starting 10th June and is offering promotional all-in fares from RM399.
19th Jun 2015
- MAS Appoints Several New Key People
Malaysia Airlines has appointed Peter Bellew as its new COO, effective 1st September. The carrier has also named the new head of sales, head of corporate communications and company secretary.
19th Jun 2015
- Once Again, It’s AirAsia For Best Low-Cost Air Carrier
AirAsia once again bags the Best Low Cost Airline Award for 2015, besting other international airlines for seven straight years now.
18th Jun 2015
- AirAsia Named Best Low Cost Carrier by Skytrax
The Malaysian carrier was named the World’s best low cost carrier for the seventh consecutive year by the Skytrax World Airline Awards.
17th Jun 2015
- Less Than 1,400 MAS Staff Left to Accept MAS Bhd Offer
Less than 1,400 employees of Malaysia Airlines are left to accept the offer to join MAS Bhd. As a result, the carrier has extended the deadline for another week.
16th Jun 2015
- MAS Plane Makes Emergency Landing in Melbourne
Due to an undisclosed engine problem, Malaysia Airlines bound for Kuala Lumpur had to perform an emergency landing on the Melbourne Airport this Friday.
12th Jun 2015
- AirAsia X Considers MAS Axed Routes
AirAsia X might “fill up” routes terminated by Malaysia Airlines, but only if it founds them to be commercially viable, the carrier says.
12th Jun 2015
- Computer Simulator Shows MAS MH370 Went Nose-First
According to a high-end computer model created by leading math professor, Dr. Goong Chen, MAS flight MH370 has plunged nose-first into the ocean.
9th Jun 2015
- Malindo Air to Add New Routes to Indonesia, Singapore
Malindo Air looking to add new routes from Malacca as a part of their route expansion exercise and bring more tourists to Indonesia and Singapore.
8th Jun 2015
- AirAsia Joins Sabah Quake Relief Effort
AirAsia has joined the Sabah quake relief effort and is transporting items to Kota Kinabalu in collaboration with Malaysia Volunteer Fire and Rescue Association.
8th Jun 2015
- Malindo Air Offers Jobs to 600 ex-MAS Employees
Malaysian carrier Malindo Air wishes to offer around 600 jobs to former Malaysia Airlines employees who lost their job when MAS had to restructure.
4th Jun 2015
- AirAsia Flies Kuala Lumpur-Goa Beginning August
AirAsia has announced that they will start a route from Kuala Lumpur to Goa, India beginning 27th August. The carrier will operate three weekly flights on the route.
3rd Jun 2015
- AirAsia Lowers Fares During Ramadhan Month
Low cost carrier AirAsia brings a special offer for the Ramadhan month. One way domestic destinations (Intra-East Malaysia routes included) will cost RM8.
2nd Jun 2015
- MAS to Fly A380s Between Sydney and Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia Airlines will fly Airbus A380 planes on the Sydney-Kuala Lumpur route. However, the Oneworld alliance member will operate the superjumbo plane there for just nine days.
29th May 2015
- Was MAS MH370 Flying Over a US Military Base?
Could MAS flight MH370 have been flying towards the U.S. military base in the Indian Ocean? An independent researcher Andre Milne says it was and that it was intended as a “provocative action”.
27th May 2015
- Malaysia Airlines Getting an Overhaul, New CEO
The troubled Malaysia Airlines is set for a full revamp as it is getting restructured as a new company. The rebranding, including a new name and livery, will be revealed next week.
26th May 2015
- AirAsia Starts Two New Routes
Air Asia will begin direct flights from Kuala Lumpur to Kaohsiung (Taiwan) from 16 July, and Johor Bahru to Bangkok from 17 July.
20th May 2015
- AirAsia Sells Minority Stake in BIG Loyalty Program
AirAsia Malaysia gets ready to sell a minority stake in its loyalty program joint venture to private equity firms. This could value the carrier at RM 1billion.
19th May 2015
- Fernandes (AirAsia): “The Railway Will Benefit the Travel Industry”
AirAsia CEO Tony Fernandes says high-speed rail project between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur will be good for the travel industry.
14th May 2015
- MAS Teams Up With Tennis Star Nick Kyrgios
MAS Teams Up With Tennis Star Nick Kyrgios Malaysia Airline’s double with ATP number 30 Nick Kyrgios delivers results in Australia. Company sees resurgence for the first time following MH370 and MH17 tragedies.
12th May 2015
- AirAsia Close to Obtaining IATA Operational Safe Audit
According to AirAsia Group Chief Executive Officer Tony Fernandes AirAsia Malaysia and other affiliates are on the verge of obtaining the IATA Operational Safe Audit (IOSA)
12th May 2015
- AirAsia Joins MAKNA Cause with its Own LTD T-Shirts
In an effort to raise funds for the MAKNA cancer campaign, Malaysian airliner AirAsia has introduced new limited edition t-shirts for men, women and kids.
8th May 2015
- AirAsia Looking Towards Australia’s Tourism
Acting chief executive of AirAsia X Benyamin Ismail has been talking with the tourism and travel agents in Australia looking for a way to improve tourism via AirAsia network.
8th May 2015
- AirAsia Launches Asean Pass for $160 and $290 a Month
Customers of AirAsia are now able to fly all over the Asean countries for just $160 or $290 per month thanks to the Asean Pass the carrier released.
6th May 2015
- AirAsia Offers RM1 Base Fares Till 10 May
Malaysian carrier AirAsia looks to clear out the confusion that its RM1 base fare offer made among those who want to enjoy it.
6th May 2015
- AirAsia Offers Free Flights for Nepal to NGOs to Aid Relief
Malaysian carrier AirAsia has offered free flights to Nepal until 10 May this year to non-government organizations, as a way of helping the relief operations after the earthquake.
29th Apr 2015
- Beijing Support Center for MAS MH370 Family Members Closes
After being open for almost a year the Shunyi support center for family members of missing Malaysia Airlines MH370 passengers will be closed from Tuesday.
27th Apr 2015
- Malaysia Airlines Deploys Ramco Systems Aviation Solutions
Malaysia Airlines has made a deal with Ramco Systems for a full suite of aviation solutions, including maintenance, repair and overhaul support.
24th Apr 2015
- Tony Fernandes: “I think We Lost Skymark”
According to the CEO of Air Asia, the Malaysian airline has most likely “lost” the bid to take over Skymark Airlines from Japan.
24th Apr 2015
- AirAsia Increases Kuala Lumpur-Manila Service
Malaysian airliner AirAsia is planning to increase the flying frequency on its service from Kuala Lumpur to Manila to three times per day.
20th Apr 2015
- Malaysia Airlines Cancels Kuala Lumpur-Kochi Route
Malaysia Airlines has decided to cancel the Kuala Lumpur-Kochi service due to the cost-cutting program the company is currently undertaking.
20th Apr 2015
- Tony Fernandes (AirAsia) Named Most Influential by Time
Time Magazine names CEO of Malaysian low-cost airliner AirAsia Tony Fernandes as one of the 100 most influential people for this year.
17th Apr 2015
- AirAsia Move to Terminal 1 KKIA Delayed
The Malaysian Government is ready to set a new date to moving AirAsia from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1 of the KKIA (Kota Kinabalu International Airport).
15th Apr 2015
- Analyst: Malaysia Airlines Must Downsize to Survive
Maybank Investment Bank aviation analyst Mohsin Aziz says, Malaysia Airlines must start reducing its staff if they want to be competitive.
13th Apr 2015
- AirAsia Introduces Home Tag and Self Bag-Drop
AirAsia revealed two new features for its passengers - 'Home Tag' and 'Self Bag-Drop' in hopes of improving travel experience it creates for them.
9th Apr 2015
- "No Near Miss Over Pakistan", Says Malaysia Airlines
According to Malaysia Airlines, reports that its London-bound aircraft was close to colliding with the Kuwait Airways plane over Pakistan are not true.
9th Apr 2015
- Was MH370 Airplane Spotted “Low Flying” from Maldives?
Villagers of a small atoll in the Indian Ocean say that they saw a “low flying” jumbo jet on 8th March 2014 over their island. Could it be the MH370?
7th Apr 2015
- AirAsia X to Fly to an Exclusive European Destination
AirAsia X adds a select European destination to its schedule. This is the first time that they will fly to Europe since canceling links to Paris and London.
6th Apr 2015
- AirAsia X Looking At U-turn
Long-cost low-cost airliner AirAsia X says it’s optimistic that it will finish the year on a positive note following a management shakeup.
2nd Apr 2015
- AirAsia Unperturbed By New Airline Flymojo
A group of experts say that entry of start-up airline Flymojo shouldn’t ruffle AirAsia. There is no competition yet given the new entrant’s fractional share of the market.
20th Mar 2015
- Malaysia Endorses Start-up Airline Flymojo at LIMA Event
The Malaysian government endorses start-up airline Flymojo during the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace (LIMA) fair held on 17 to 21 March, 2015.
18th Mar 2015
- Anticipated Demand Prompts MAS To Extend Travel Promo
After a successful marketing campaign tied up with MATTA, Malaysia’s flag carrier extends special deals offering to patrons till the last week of March.
17th Mar 2015
- Malaysia Airlines: Moving On Towards Recovery
With medium-term recovery efforts underway, Malaysia’s premier airline remains positive on winning back public confidence despite the past year’s twin crises.
9th Mar 2015
- Planes Should Be Equipped With Tracking Device
After a series of deadly air tragedies involving commercial airplanes over the past year, US investigators have proposed to equip modern aircraft with advanced tracking device.
23rd Jan 2015
- Fuselage of QZ8501 Entered For The First Time
Since its discovery last January 14, a team of deep sea divers have successfully reached the fuselage of the crashed Indonesia AirAsia flight and were able to retrieve more bodies.
23rd Jan 2015
- The Tale of the Two Doomed Flights: QZ8501 and MH370
People have been trying to compare Indonesia AirAsia's ill-fated flight QZ8501 with the mysterious disappearance of Malaysia Airlines' flight, MH370, in March last year.
23rd Jan 2015
- Malindo Air to Commence KL-Kathmandu Service
Malindo Air has announced Wednesday February 6, 2015, as the launch date of its direct service between Kuala Lumpur and Kathmandu.
22nd Jan 2015
- Doomed QZ 8501 Accelerated Too Fast
Initial results of the ongoing investigation on the ill-fated QZ8501 suggest that the aircraft accelerated too fast as it made its ascent to an altitude of 38,000 feet.
21st Jan 2015
- Flight QZ 8501 Ascened Too Fast
Several analysts suggest that the doomed flight QZ8501 accelerated its ascent too fast to 38,000 feet in less than a minute before it plunged to the ocean.
20th Jan 2015
- Indonesia To Amend Aviation Law Following Recent Tragedy
The Indonesian government, through its Transport Ministry, has proposed to change its current aviation law to improve its aviation safety after the QZ8501 tragedy.
20th Jan 2015
- QZ 8501: To Err Is Human - But It Could Be Deadly
The tragic crash of AirAsia QZ8501 on the fateful early morning on December 28, 2014 was found to be caused by a human error, according to the initial investigations.
20th Jan 2015
- QZ 8501 Recovery Effort Hampered By Strong Currents
The search and retrieval operations on the doomed QZ8501 have been hampered by strong undersea currents, resulting to the inability to access the plane’s wreckage.
19th Jan 2015
- Terrorist Act Ruled Out In The Deadly Crash of QZ 8501
The ongoing investigation of the ill-fated AirAsia flight QZ8501 has dismissed terrorist act as a possible cause of the tragic crash of the aircraft on December 28, 2014.
19th Jan 2015
- Strong Currents Hamper Retrieval of QZ8501’s Main Wreck
The retrieval operation of the main wreck of the ill-fated QZ 8501 that was recently located last week has been hampered by unusually strong undersea currents.
16th Jan 2015
- QZ 8501 Second Flight Recorder Recovered
The cockpit voice recorder, one of the two flight recorders of the ill-fated flight QZ 8501, was recovered following the confirmation of its location the a day before.
14th Jan 2015
- ASEAN Skies Now Open
The open-sky policy of the 10-member countries comprising the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) has officially started to take effect on January 1, 2015.
14th Jan 2015
- Fuselage of QZ 8501 Located
The fuselage of the doomed Indonesia AirAsia flight QZ8501 was recently located by the search teams early last week, raising hopes of the recovery of more bodies inside.
14th Jan 2015
- Search and Retrieval Operations of Doomed AirAsia Flight Continues
The search and retrieval operations of the ill-fated AirAsia Indonesia flight 8501, believed to have crashed off Karimata Strait due to bad weather on December 28, continues .
6th Jan 2015
- AirAsia's Tony Fernandes Humbled By The Tragedy
Tony Fernandes was visibly humbled by the tragedy that befell his Indonesian subsidiary as he showed compassion to the victims' grieving families and friends.
6th Jan 2015
- Search, Retrieval Operations for QZ8501 Continues
The search and retrieval operations for the doomed AirAsia Indonesia flight QZ8501 continue on its 10th day since it crashed last December 28.
5th Jan 2015
- Search Teams Find QZ8501 Black Box
The search teams from different countries have found the flight data recorder or black box of the ill-fated flight QZ8501 of AirAsia Indonesia.
5th Jan 2015
- Icing Of Engine Likely Cause of QZ8501 Tragic Crash
Indonesia's meteorological bureau theorizes that the bad weather must have had a role in the tragic crash of AirAsia Indonesia's QZ8501, causing its engines to ice up and fail.
4th Jan 2015
- Malaysia Airlines Condoles With AirAsia
The erstwhile state-owned flag carrier Malaysia Airlines has sent its expression of regrets to Indonesia AirAsia which is mourning over the recent tragedy of flight QZ8501.
30th Dec 2014
- Flight QZ 8501 Rests At The Bottom Of Sea
The ill-fated AirAsia Indonesia flight QZ 8501 may have rested at the bottom of the Java Sea where it is believed to plunge to its catastrophic end on December 28.
29th Dec 2014
- Canceled Flight By AirAsia X Causes Uproar
A canceled inaugural Melbourne-Bali flight by Indonesia AirAsia X has caused uproar among Australian holidaymakers, after the airline failed to secure documents.
27th Dec 2014
- AirAsia Organizes Relief Campaign For Flood Victims
AirAsia Bhd. has organized its own relief campaign for flood victims that wreaked havoc in the east coast region of peninsular Malaysia.
26th Dec 2014
- MH370 May Remain A Mystery Forever
Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, which mysteriously vanished on March 8 this year, may remain a mystery forever in the annals of the world aviation history, experts suggest.
25th Dec 2014
- MH370 May Remain a Mystery Forever
Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, which mysteriously disappeared on flight from Kuala Lumpur to Shanghai on March 8 this year, may forever remain a mystery.
25th Dec 2014
- Malaysia Airlines Partners With Australian Tennis Star
Malaysia Airlines has recently inked partnership with Nick Kyrgios, the up and coming Australian professional tennis player who has a Malaysian heritage.
23rd Dec 2014
- Malindo Air Plans To Have A Fleet of 100 Aircraft In 10 Years
Malindo Air is planning to have a fleet of 100 aircraft within 10 years to support its expansion program throughout Southeast Asia and China.
19th Dec 2014
- AirAsia X Inks Deal With Airbus For 55 A330neo
AirAsia X has reaffirmed its intention to purchase more aircraft as it recently signed with Airbus company for a firm order of 55 wide-body A330neo aircraft.
16th Dec 2014
- AirAsia X Inks Deal With Airbus For 55 A330 Jets
AirAsia X has inked a deal with Airbus recently for a firm order of additional 55 new A330 jetliners worth $15 billion.
15th Dec 2014
- AirAsia Named World's Leading Low-cost Airline 2014
AirAsia was named 'World's Leading Low-cost Airline' during this year's edition of World Travel Awards recently held in Anguilla.
9th Dec 2014
- AirAsia X Offers Innovative Booking Feature
AirAsia X has come up with a new and innovative feature in online booking where customers can book multiple flights in one transaction.
5th Dec 2014
- Malaysia Airlines Gets New CEO
Malaysia Airlines has appointed Christoph R. Mueller, as its new CEO-designate, in a bid to turn the airline back to profitability following a series of tragic incidents this year.
5th Dec 2014
- Malaysia Airlines Holds 'Year-end Specials' Promo
Malaysia Airlines has launched a 'Year-end Specials' promo in India, offering all-inclusive one-way tickets on many international routes to Indian customers.
30th Nov 2014
- AirAsia To Pioneer Air Pass In The Region
AirAsia Bhd. is set to embark in another pioneering move when it launches Asia's first 'air pass' next year.
26th Nov 2014
- Malaysia Airlines Hopeful To Find Missing Flight MH370
Malaysia Airlines finds a new ray of hope for the discovery of the MH370 wreckage, following the announcement of the Australian search team on the use of the new drift modeling technology.
26th Nov 2014
- AirAsia To Launch Regional Monthly Pass
AirAsia Bhd will soon launch a monthly pass designed to increase revenue as it encourages travelers across the region to travel more frequently at a lower cost.
20th Nov 2014
- AirAsia X Heading To Uncertain Destination?
AirAsia X seems to have been running out of fuel to fly further afield, as it fails to comply its payment obligations in servicing its debts and even employees' salaries.
19th Nov 2014
- Malindo Air Taps Travelport Services
Malindo Air has tapped the services of Travelport, the world leader in Travel Commerce Platform, for the former's online commercial transactions.
13th Nov 2014
- Stakeholders Vote For MAS Privatization
All of the minority stakeholders of Malaysia Airlines voted in favor of its privatization, paving the way for Khazanah's proposal to take full control of the airline.
10th Nov 2014
- Malaysian Airlines To Offer Masterchef Poh's Signature Dish
Malaysian Airlines will light up the peak travel season much earlier for its customers as it offers signature dish from author and TV personality, Poh Ling Yeow, starting December 1.
8th Nov 2014
- Malaysia Airlines Taps Poh For Signature In-flight Meal
Malaysia Airlines has partnered with TV presenter and MasterChef Poh Ling Yeow, in its latest undertaking to create a signature in-flight dish—the famous Nyonya Chicken Curry.
3rd Nov 2014
- Malindo Air Challenges AirAsia
Malindo Air has put up a challenge to low-cost giant, AirAsia, with the launching of the lucrative Kuala Lumpur-Singapore route.
31st Oct 2014
- MH730 Victims' Children File A Case Against MAS, Government
Two children of one of the victims of the ill-fated MH370 flight that went missing mysteriously over Indian Ocean on March 8, 2014, have filed a lawsuit against Malaysia Airlines and the Malaysian government.
31st Oct 2014
- AirAsia Introduces Kuala Lumpur-Nay Pyi Taw Service
AirAsia continues to expand its network coverage across the region with the introduction of a direct service between Kuala Lumpur and Myanmar's new capital, Nay Pyi Taw.
24th Oct 2014
- AirAsia X Increases Frequency To Kathmandu
AirAsia X will increase its flight frequency between Kuala Lumpur and Kathmandu, Nepal from once daily to 10 times per week over a 9-week period.
17th Oct 2014
- MH17 Remains Found With Oxygen Mask
Search and rescue teams have discovered the remains of one of the victims of the ill-fated MH17 flight with an oxygen mask on, prompting investigators to deepen their probe on the incident.
9th Oct 2014
- AirAsia Warns Customers Against Lottery Scam
AirAsia has warned its customers against an online lottery scam, claiming to be from AirAsia informing unwary recipients they won air tickets.
4th Oct 2014
- Search For Missing MH370 Resumes
The search for the long-missing wreckage of the hapless MH370 flight that went missing on March 8 will now resume four months after it was temporarily halted.
4th Oct 2014
- AirAsia Considers Opening A Route To UAE
AirAsia is mulling a direct service between Dubai and Southeast Asia in its bid to expand its network in the Gulf region.
3rd Oct 2014
- Malaysia Airlines Offers AMEX Members 15% Discount
AMEX cardholders accumulating enough Membership Rewards (MR) points will have the chance to get a substantial discount on tickets via Malaysia Airlines.
2nd Oct 2014
- AirAsia To Resume Kuala Lumpur-Hyderabad Service
AirAsia has decided to resume its direct service between Hyderabad and Kuala Lumpur three years after it discontinued its operations in 2011.
30th Sep 2014
- AirAsia Entices Business Travelers With Premium Flex
AirAsia has more exciting offers to business travelers across the region with its new and innovative service called 'Premium Flex'.
29th Sep 2014
- British Airways Relaunches London-KL Service
British Airways will relaunch its intercontinental direct service between London and Kuala Lumpur starting May 27, 2015 after more than 10 years of absence in the country.
22nd Sep 2014
- MAS Reacts On Published Article About Compensation
Malaysia Airlines has issued a response to a recently-published article by a London-based journalist commenting on the airline's compensation package for the MH17 victims.
22nd Sep 2014
- Firefly Launches Two Domestic Routes
Firefly, an affiliate of Malaysia Airlines, has launched two more routes—the three-times-a-week Penang-Krabi and the four-times-a-week Johor Bahru-Ipoh routes.
17th Sep 2014
- Malindo Air Launches Two Routes To Thailand
Low-cost carrier Malindo Air has continued to expand its network with the recent launch of twin routes to Thailand.
17th Sep 2014
- Penang International Airport To Breach The 6 Million Mark
Penang International Airport is projected to breach the 6 million mark this year way above its annual handling capacity of 5 million passengers.
17th Sep 2014
- AirAsia Group Accounts For 42pc Of Seat Capacity At Penang Airport
Affiliate airlines of the low-cost giant AirAsia provide almost half the total seat capacity at Penang International Airport, making them the largest scheduled flights operator.
17th Sep 2014
- Arrivals At Penang Airport To Hit Over 6 Million This Year
Penang International Airport is projected to handle more than 6 million air passengers this year as travel demand in the country continues to boom.
17th Sep 2014
- Malaysia Airlines Holds Fare Sale
Embattled state-owned flag carrier Malaysia Airlines is trying to regain the trust of its Australian customers by holding a fare sale.
15th Sep 2014
- Malaysia Airlines Flight Makes a U-turn
A Malaysia Airlines flight heading for Hyderabad, India made a u-turn shortly after it took off from Kuala Lumpur International Airport following an auto-pilot defect.
14th Sep 2014
- Malindo Air Low Fares On Sale
Malindo Air has recently launched a special ticket promo to all destinations across its domestic and international network starting September 4 until September 14.
3rd Sep 2014
- Malaysia Airlines Changes Contest Name
Malaysia Airlines has decided to drop the original name of its contest promo due to the public outcry after critics found the title very inappropriate.
3rd Sep 2014
- Malaysia Airlines To Undergo Restructuring Program
Malaysia Airlines has begun to carve a new course, leaving behind the worst chapter in its history and charter a path to take for a better future.
2nd Sep 2014
- MH17 Victims' Bodies Arrive in KL
Malaysian Airlines has already brought back to Kuala Lumpur the 20 bodies of the Malaysian victims of the ill-fated MH17 which was shot down last July 17.
25th Aug 2014
- AirAsia X Revenue Soars
AirAsia X has reported a revenue of RM672 million, or a 36% year-on-year growth during the first half of the current fiscal year 2014.
20th Aug 2014
- AirAsia Makes Use of Malaysia Airline's Decline
AirAsia has seen Malaysia Airline's losing advantage as an opportunity to expand its operations both in the domestic and international market scenes.
19th Aug 2014
- AirAsia X Unveils Unique Livery For A330
Low cost airline AirAsia X has recently unveiled a fresh livery unique to its fleet of wide-body A330 jetliners, dubbed as 'Xcintillating PhoeniX’.
18th Aug 2014
- AirAsia Group To Offer In-Flight Internet Access
The AirAsia Group is gearing up to enhance its in-flight products and services as it plans to introduce wireless internet access for all its passengers on all its flights within this year.
15th Aug 2014
- AirAsia Offer PremiumFlex Service
AirAsia has just launched an innovative service called PremiumFlex, which gives business travelers flexibility to change their flight up to two hours before departure.
13th Aug 2014
- AirAsia X Posts Strong 2Q-2014 Performance
AirAsia X has reported a strong performance during the second quarter of the current fiscal year, posting increase in both capacity and market share.
10th Aug 2014
- Malaysia Airlines Offered For Privatization
The Malaysian government is looking at a possibility of selling Malaysia Airlines to a private entity to effectively bail it out from possible bankruptcy.
9th Aug 2014
- Is It Still Safe To Travel By Air?
The safety of air travel is now being questioned after the deadly crash of Malaysia Airlines' flight MH17 recently, not to mention the mysterious disappearance of its sister flight MH370 in March.
4th Aug 2014
- Malaysia Airlines To Rebrand?
Malaysia Airlines is now toying the idea of rebranding itself to get out of its troubled past involving the successive incidents of two of its planes.
1st Aug 2014
- Malindo Air Launches Two Domestic Routes
Malindo Air has launched two more domestic routes, growing its domestic route network to a total of 11 destinations.
30th Jul 2014
- AirAsia X Inks Deal With Airbus For A330neos
AirAsia X has inked a memorandum of agreement with Airbus for the purchase of 50 A330neo jetliners and an option for 50 more similar aircraft.
29th Jul 2014
- Malindo Air Expands Fleet of Turboprops
Malindo Air is getting busy this year as it plans to acquire more turboprops to support its domestic route expansion program.
25th Jul 2014
- Travelers Not Scared Of Flying With Malaysia Airlines
Travelers seem not scared to fly with the troubled Malaysia Airlines, despite two air incidents involving its planes in a span of less than five months.
25th Jul 2014
- Will The MH17 Incident Change The Future Of Air Travel?
The MH17 tragedy, one of the deadliest air incidents in history, caught the world by surprise after last March's mysterious disappearance of flight MH370.
24th Jul 2014
- Malaysia Airlines Offers Financial Support To MH17 Families
State-owned flag carrier Malaysia Airlines is offering as much as $5,000 financial assistance to all families or surviving relatives of the MH17 crash victims.
22nd Jul 2014
- Malaysia, Australia Search Teams Overwhelmed By Twin Disasters
Search teams from Malaysia and Australia have been overwhelmed by two of the aviation history's deadliest incidents, both involving Malaysia Airlines.
22nd Jul 2014
- Malaysia Airline's Flight Code MH17 Retired
Code MH17, the Malaysia Airline's aircraft that went down near Ukraine's eastern region, will be retired out of respect for the victims of the ill-fated flight.
21st Jul 2014
- What The Future Holds For Malaysia Airlines
With the mysterious disappearance of flight MH370 last March and the tragic crash of flight MH17 in Ukraine just a few days ago, what does the future hold for Malaysia Airlines?
19th Jul 2014
- Malindo Air To Expand Regional Network
Malindo Air, an affiliate of Indonesia's Lion Air, is on an expansion mode this year with the launch of additional capacity to regional destinations in Asia.
19th Jul 2014
- MH17: How Will It Impact Air Travel?
The question as to how the deadly crash involving the Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 will affect the global air travel will probably get an answer instantaneously.
19th Jul 2014
- US: Pro-Russian Rebels Responsible For MH 17 Crash
The pro-Russian rebels were tagged by the US official as responsible for the shooting down of a Malaysia Airlines flight MH 17 as it was cruising over war-torn Ukraine.
18th Jul 2014
- Malaysia Airlines To Take A New Flight Path
Following the deadly crash of flight MH17, all European flights operated by Malaysia Airlines will be taking a new flight path over European air space.
18th Jul 2014
- Malaysia Airlines Plane Downed By Missile
After speculations on the real cause of MH17 crash, a senior US official has concluded that the ill-fated flight was shot down by a surface-to-air missile.
17th Jul 2014
- AirAsia Named World's Best Low-Cost Carrier
AirAsia was recently named the 'World's Best Low-Cost Airline' for 2014, its 6th such honor in as many years since it first received similar award in 2008.
16th Jul 2014
- Malaysia Airlines Offers Self Check-In at KL Airport
Malaysia Airlines makes airport check-in a lot easier for passengers passing through Kuala Lumpur Airport with the installation of a self check-in facility.
11th Jul 2014
- World’s Cheapest Airlines Mostly In Asia
Majority of the world’s most affordable airlines are based in Asia, with Malaysia’s Firefly topping the list and India’s SpiceJet coming in at second.
9th Jul 2014
- Malaysian Airlines To Be Privatized
Malaysian Airlines will be privatized, as the government is feeling helpless in its effort to revitalize the airline after the puzzling disappearance of MH370.
3rd Jul 2014