Malaysia-Singapore Airlines was an airline that operated from Singapore International Airport and Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport from 1966-1972. They were headquartered at Raffles Place Singapore. The airline was jointly owned by the Malaysian and Singaporean governments.
The airline started as Malayan Airways Limited in 1946 and was based in Singapore and flew routes between Kuala Lumpur, Ipoh, Penang and Singapore using an Airspeed Consul aircraft. From 1948, it started flying to Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia and Thailand. When Singapore exited the Malaysian Federation in 1966, the name of the airline was changed to Malaysia-Singapore Airlines.
However, in 1972, the two stakeholders had different priorities so they ended up separating into two new airlines- Malaysia Airlines and Singapore Airlines. Singapore Airlines wanted to focus on international routes while Malaysia Airlines wanted to focus on regional and domestic routes. The MSA headquarters in Singapore became the headquarters of Singapore airlines. MSA had a wide and varied fleet over its years of operations from being set up as Malayan Airways with aircraft models including Airspeed Consuls, Douglas DC-3s, Douglas Dakotas, Comet 4s, Twin Pioneers, Fokker F27s, Super Constellations, Viscounts, Boeings 707s and Boeing 737s.
The airlines flew to Brunei, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Borneo, Sarawak, Thailand and Vietnam.